“Good value and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Sturbridge

You added Days Inn Sturbridge to your Saves list
Days Inn Sturbridge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 Haynes Road, Rte 15, Sturbridge, MA 01566 (Formerly Travelodge Sturbridge)   |
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Sturbridge
New York
“Good value and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The room was large and very clean. Bathroom set up was one of the best, with sink and vanity seperate from the shower area. The desk clerks were extremely friendly and helpful. Our grandaughter thorougly enjoyed the heated pool. The bed was a bit too firm, and the coffee pot was slow to brew. Breakfast was the usual continental fare. It is a bit hidden away, but overall a good value for the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Schenectady, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Looks like it was originally a Microtel and is now a Days Inn with all the same amenities. Beds are uncomfortable, in-room coffee maker was just plain NASTY as if someone had been using it to make mud pies. Breakfast was average, but I don't expect much (but the coffee is good - Douwe Egberts). Front desk is kind of a mystery, the one young man when I checked in was pleasant and the young woman, Megan, the morning I checked out was very pleasant...kind of a refreshing "bubbly" personality. But the others were kind of apathetic to the guests...isn't that who pays your salary? Rooms are quiet, didn't hear other guests or outside noises. Hotel is secluded and a little difficult to find...glad I did my research a head of time and was able to get GPS coordinates on the entrance road. I really have mixed emotions about this place. If the beds were comfortable, I probably could have gone to a 4. One more thing, the curved shower curtain rod was poorly installed so that the front of it was 6 inches lower that the ends which meant that the shower curtain would slide to the center and leave gaps of 1 - 2 feet at the ends so that water would get all over the floor. Price was right!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

The "Old DAYS INN" was destroyed last year by a storm. They have taken over the "Old" Travelodge. The only real problem with this hotel is its hard to find, Its location next to the Pilot service station is hard to locate especially in the dark as signs are limited but once you arrive you will be glad you did. Three floors with an elevator. All the rooms I saw were large and looked to be recently renovated. The front desk staff of Ricky , Mike, and Megan were really friendly and informative. Once you relize exactly where the hotel you realize you are less than 10 minutes from Old Sturbridge Village.on a straight run with many restaurants within five minutes. They serve an adequate breakfast of coffee, juice, breads ,cereals and fresh made waffles. There is good size heated outdoor pool . There is a fitness room on the second floor.and even a laundry room on premises. If you are looking for a five star resort this is not the place but if you are looking for a clean hotel ,friendly staff, free breakfast and pool at a very resonable price THIS IS THE PLACE

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lisa N, General Manager at Days Inn Sturbridge, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Oh my goodness, Thank You So Much! It is so nice to hear such kind words. We have passed along your compliments to Ricky, Mike, and Megan. They were elated to be recognized. It is nice to see that our steady improvements are being noticed. Among the recent additions to our property are new pillows, new pillow cases, new sheets, new bed skirts, new coverlets, and brand new in-room safes. I am sorry to hear that you struggled to find us, however I am very pleased that you felt comfortable once you arrived. On behalf of our entire staff, Thank You again for such a kind review. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Sturbridge, MA.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We have stayed at this property numerous times, mostly because the price is right and because of the location. We were hoping for more than a change of signs and 3 pillows instead of 2 when it changed from Travelodge to Days Inn. Same tired bedspreads, stained carpet, unclean drawers. Both days we returned from shopping and lunch to find the room had not yet been cleaned. Look in the corner beside the ice machine.....hasn't been cleaned in years!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Days Inn Sturbridge, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Oh my! First let me thank you for your loyal patronage over the years. I truly appreciate that you have chosen us time and time again. We are definitely going to surprise you with the upcoming changes.

As part of the re-branding our hotel is undergoing some pretty great upgrades. Unfortunately, we must stagger these upgrades in order serve all guests that already have reservations for the summer season. While we have already upgraded our pool and our pillows, we are awaiting arrival of our brand new beds, new bedding, and flat screen televisions. These upgrades are slated for later this year.

We have seen a significant increase in business with the re-branding and have been experiencing some growing pains as a result. I apologize for the minimalist housekeeping you experienced during your recent stay and can assure you that it will not happen again. Additional staffing was required and is now in and trained.

I personally cleaned that scary spot behind the ice machine today. It is truly amazing, and a little embarrassing, how easy it is to overlook such a common area. It is on my daily check list now and will not be missed again. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

I hope you will come see us again after all of our upgrades are in place to give you the experience you were hoping for. It is coming, I promise.
V
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

First the desk clerk was nice and helpful. I had requested a 1st floor room because the discription I read said it was 2 floors with no elevator. It wasn't the same address as the one we found and it was 3 floors and had an elevator. The third floor where we were booked smelled of stale cigarette smoke. We went back to the desk, said we had requested first floor and he moved us.

The room didn't feel clean. The bathroom didn't look clean. Everything was very worn and tired.

We did spend the night, because the room was non refundable, but I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Wow! I am so sorry you had to go through all of that confusion. We are the newest Days Inn. The Town of Sturbridge had a different Days Inn, which was destroyed by sudden and extremely rare severe weather more than a year ago. When it became apparent that rebuilding would not be an option for that property we welcomed the Days Inn brand back to Sturbridge, right down the road from the old location.

Located a little further down the road, right off Exit 1 on I-84, our facility is currently in the process of replacing carpets, beds, bedding, and our televisions are soon to be converted over to new flat screen models. This process will be completed throughout the year. I am surprised to hear that the third floor smelled of smoke as our limited number of smoking rooms are located on the first floor. Our third floor normally can be counted on to be our best rooms, I am extremely sorry that your experience was below our standards.

I thank you for your candid review and appreciate your kind words about our front desk agent. I hope that you would consider giving us another chance to show you how we can shine after our upgrades are complete.
Worcester, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

The staff is very friendly..From the night I booked my families stay just for a brief one day get away. The gentleman I spoke to that night was very accomdating (6/1/12) as almost midnight he took care of what I was looking for and was not rude. They morning we checked in and after having to swtich rooms for some minor details we finally got settled. The young lady working that morning did nothing but smile and was very welcoming. Most places when you make changes the staff gives you an attitude...they did not and we would stay there again. thank you..we stayed one night 6/1-6/2 and congrats to the entire stuff for even a light but filling breakfast. management should be proud. I would use names but I am sure once they look up to see who worked those shifts they will know who i am speaking of. ;) thumbs up. and my fiance' was happy #onedaygetawayswork

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
We are very please you selected our hotel for your one day get away. We are always happy to book your stay right through our friendly and helpful front desk. We are extremely fortunate to have such a wonderful team. Our people really do make the difference. Thank you so much for your friendly review. I am always pleased to hear such specific feedback. We have passed your praise on to the appropriate team members and hope to welcome you back to Sturbridge the next time you need a one day get away.
Fort Erie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stayed here with another couple while attending a large automotive function in the area.
The hotel was ideally located relative to the event location, and it was quick and easy to get to... nestled quite nicely between the north and southbound lanes of the interstate, it's surprising how little road noise you actually hear.

minutes from downtown Sturbridge, and the staff was quite helpful in assisting us during our stay

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Sitting on 28 wooded acres, we have the best of both worlds, easy on and off from I-84 AND almost no road noise whatsoever. The thick tree lines on either side of the hotel also provide a nice visual barrier to keep the charm of quiet country life in Sturbridge alive on our property. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will be thrilled to host you again anytime your plans bring you to Sturbridge.

Been to Days Inn Sturbridge? Share your experiences!