“This place is fantastic!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Veritas - CLOSED

Veritas
420 Main St (GPS User's Please Enter 1 Cedar Street, GPS User's Please Enter 1 Cedar Street, Sturbridge, MA
+1 508-347-3424
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, International
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: VERITAS restaurant also has a New Twilight Menu available from 2:00 to 4:00pm
Sturbridge, Massachusetts
“This place is fantastic!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

It was my first time visiting Veritas and it will definitely not be my last. The food and service were wonderful and I would recommend this place to anyone!

• Visited January 2014

Long Island, NY
“Great Meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We were in Sturbridge 3 days and ate here twice - we loved it that much! The first meal was for lunch. We were so impressed that we made dinner reservations for the next evening. My husband had the Prime Rib special which was a complete dinner - his rib was cooked to perfection. I had the Cape Cod sea scallops served over shrimp and crab risotto - magnifico! My only disappointment was in the appetizer: Escargots sautéed w/ white wine & sage cream
sauce which were served over Roquefort crostini. While the escargots were great - the crostini was so stale that I could not bite, cut, or saw it into pieces! I think the escargots would better be showcased in mushroom caps or in a small dish with toast points. That being said, we will definitely return on our next visit to Sturbridge. Prices are reasonable, service is excellent, and food is top-notch!

• Visited December 2013
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Rehearsal dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

On Thursday August 15 2013 we had the good fortune to host our Son and new Daughter in laws Rehearsal dinner at Veritas Restaurant in Sturbridge Ma. We had one recommendation of a friend but not being from the area we were at a disadvantage. We went on Trip Advisor for recommendations. We were so happy to so see so many excellent reviews we booked our event Kurt and Kelly, Chef and owners were great from the first moment I spoke to them on the phone. The website made it easy to see menus,wine lists,and pictures of the function room. My Husband and I arrived with the flowers in the afternoon, the room was beautiful and set up looked great We met Kurt and Kelly they assured us our dinner would go great .It did ! The food was fantastic, servers Michelle and Rick could not have been more attentive to our fifty .guests. The Bride and Groom had a wonderful time. We also had a couple of Gluten Free guests Kurt made sure two of the entrees and a dessert were Gluten Free.The whole event was perfect from start to finish. We cannot say enough wonderful comments.If you have the chance to go to Veritas , make sure you do ,Veritas Restaurant is not to be missed. Thank you for a wonderful night.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Great Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My husband and I decided at the spur of the moment to stop for lunch at Veritas. We had heard that the food was good and that the menu had a nice variety of offerings. True and true. The menu has something for everyone. We each chose one of the daily specials. Our meals, which included soup, were very good with generous portions - a fantastic value. We'll definitely be back, next time for dinner.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great place to eat in the area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We were very excited when Veritas came along mainly because they have much more reasonable prices than most of the "high end" restaurants in Sturbridge area. My husband and I liked this place very much, especially their Gorgonzola cheese bread, sometimes we'll take out a couple of them at a time and have it next day. The service is great, and the food is really good!

• Visited September 2013