“big mistake!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Green Acres Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sturbridge
Green Acres Motel
You added Green Acres Motel to your Saves list
2 Shepard Rd, Sturbridge, MA 01566   |
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Sturbridge
Webster, Massachusetts
“big mistake!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

Me and my boyfriend found this place last nite and after asking a few other places what there rates were, we figured we would go here cause it's the cheapest.The woman at the desk didn't ask us what type of bed we had wanted and gave us a double bed room, we had to wait for someone to come & unlock their office doors we had ask for a different room.The teenage girl that came out (instead of her mother) gave us a new room and told us there was no heat but just a space heater we still took the room knowing this information anyway. When we open the door to our room it was beyond gross and freezing!! (even with the heater on) there where stains and stickiness & who knows what all over the walls, floor and inner door knob, the bathroom looked ok as far as we could tell but the bed wasn't a queen it was a full (i know cause i have one) the brochure was the exact opposite of what this place should have been, the smoke detector needed batteries and it wasn't attached on the ceiling but in a desk that was near the bed. as we looked around we noticed a hole where the door knob hits when it opens, what use to be a chain we believe was cut off, wasn't there anymore but lucky there was another lock below that. As the night went on me and my boyfriend took showers to at least feel a lil cleaner but the towels had red and brown all over it they look like they hadn't been cleaned at all. later on that night we heard door slamming and someone get into there care and speed off, when we went out too the store i noticed something on the bench a mouse in a zip lock baggie (rip mouse) we both wanted to check out our hotel and were extremely alarmed by these conditions we both cant believe triple A approved them and how they stay in business is a mystery to us we both would have been happier sleeping in the car. We checked out and the same teenage girl came out and asked if the room was alright i said there was a few issues and told her about the mouse on the bench and she had assumed I was accusing her of putting it there and she said she would take care of it this place is so awful my boyfriend and i go to different hotels once and a while but this was by far the worst and for $65 (with discount) this is not worth going too, save your money and your self the aggravation of this place. oh and as a side note we went to Mc Donalds late that nite to have the nite crew be rude about their menu and give us very old food we are currently sick from it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Fort Riley, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I walked in after I purchased the room and it smelled of mold and cigarette smoke. I am a non smoker and it was a disgusting smell. The odor went away (or I got used to it) after a few hours and a few sprays of freshener. There was a nice sized hole in the wall where the doorknob obviously hits when opened. I found blood on the sheets and a few holes burned in from a cigarette. I went to get a drink of water and the cup dispenser came right off the wall and of course there was dirt and mold behind it. There is a hand soap dispenser by the sink and above the bath tub which has mold covering the underside. The wall paper in the bathroom is old and peeling with mold growing on it, also some of the wallpaper is held together with tape above the bathtub. The toilet paper provided is one-ply, which if you have ever used one-ply you know how entirely thin and useless it is, but it is inexpensive hence why this motel uses it. I tried to take a bath and found that the tub doesn't even hold water for very long, it seeps out slowly through the drain. Some of the towels in the bathroom had brown and orange stains on them. Neither of the small trashcans had a trash bag in them and none was provided. Spider webs were in various corners and crazy looking bugs occasional crawled across the walls or floor. I noticed a millipede or earwig scuttle across the wall. While I was on the bed a huge black ant fell from the ceiling and landed directly on the bed in front of me then proceeded to crawl towards me to hide in my shadow.
The best things provided with this room were a TV, air conditioner and the smallest fridge I have ever seen and it smelled stale like it had been left unused for a very long time. I am a soldier in the Army and had to put up with some of these similar problems in Iraq, but I am in the US here and am used to having my room organized and clean. If I had a vehicle with me on this trip and could find any other place in this town I certainly would have. It was not easy sleeping here, this place disgusts me and I cannot wait to escape it.

Room Tip: definitely demand to look at your room before you purchase it