Let me preface this by saying I am not a B & B person but a family event required us to stay in Stockbridge where this is really the only option. We stayed in a B & B room which meant a bathroom down the hall. The bathroom is at the end of a long hallway, and we were in the middle so it made for a trek to the bathroom when going back and forth trying to get a turn in the morning and when making those middle of the night trips. The bathroom was nice though and kept clean. Our room was well appointed with an iron, ironing board, hair dryer, glasses, and a sink in the corner. The best thing about our room was the lighting...there are lots of lights in the room, seriously! The mattress was hard which I like but it was on squeaky bedsprings. The hallway floor was also squeaky. There was a nice chair by the window for reading. The tv was old but functional although it is on a low tv stand so it was hard to watch from the bed. The front desk has dvds to borrow. Many of the rooms, including the bathroom, had a one inch gap at the top of the door (Room 222 did not).
The hotel felt comfortable and guests were of all ages. I felt free to roam the hotel property discovering little seating areas and more bathrooms. The best bathroom is the one off of the lobby because it had multiple stalls and a seating area. There is also a bathroom off the sunporch near the pool that was usually available. My daughter used the fitness center and found it a little scary because it is in the basement of an outer house and the lights are kept off.
The staff was friendly but seemed to only know their one job. They couldn't help me if it was outside their scope of work.
We enjoyed breakfast in the dining room. The food was very good although service was a little off. We were able to trade our B & B coupons for a continental breakfast in for $7 off a full breakfast. We also ate in the basement pub where the food was really just ok although I loved the puckers (pickle/cucumber/something).
- Also Known As:
- The Red Lion Hotel
- The Red Lion Hotel Stockbridge
- Red Lion Hotel Stockbridge
- Red Lion Stockbridge
- Red Lion Inn Stockbridge Ma
- Stockbridge Red Lion
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcoming guests with genuine New England hospitality for over two centuries. Antique-filled rooms, suites, & guesthouses. Contemporary regional cuisine, 3 restaurants, James Beard House-honored chef, elegant & casual/indoor & outdoor dining, award-winning wine list. Heated year-round outdoor pool & hot tub, Gift Shop, WiFi. Live entertainment nightly in pub. Memorable weddings & events. Small to mid-size meetings, unique spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Red Lion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.