I spent a great night at the Red Lion back in December. A memorial brought me and my mother back east and we thought one night of fun would be a good way to take the edge off. I will say Red Lion and Stockbridge are lovely and really, really old (I mean old fashioned AND many old people). We booked an all-inclusive package for about $400.00, which was well worth the money. It included a double room, a bottle of wine and cheese in the room, full dinner and full breakfast.
Arrival was smooth and the public areas of the hotel were very charming and clean. I must say my one complaint of the public spaces was that the floors are not level and it's easy to trip on upper floors in the dim light of the hallways. The room itself was quaint but showed it's age- the wallpaper was peeling, plaster was cracked, the bathroom freezing cold and the carpet was ancient. Aside from those items, I enjoyed the room. The beds took me by surprise. I was not expecting a plush mattress with top-quality linens- it was worthy of a five-star hotel. I slept great.
Both our meals were fantastic. At dinner my appetizer, steak and sides were to die for and the bartenders really know what they are doing when mixing things up. I didn't think we could get great mixology in a small town and I was dead wrong. The best part of the night was going out to the Jacuzzi after a couple drinks in the freezing cold winter air. Breakfast was great, I had eggs Benedict, great coffee and fresh OJ. The waiter during breakfast cracked me up and would ask every table if they took their coffee "Black as a witches soul!"
This is a special place, especially for a road trip through the gorgeous small towns of MA.
- Also Known As:
- The Red Lion Hotel
- The Red Lion Hotel Stockbridge
- Red Lion Hotel Stockbridge
- Red Lion Stockbridge
- Red Lion Inn Stockbridge Ma
- Stockbridge Red Lion
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcoming guests with genuine New England hospitality for over two centuries. Antique-filled rooms, suites, & guesthouses. Contemporary regional cuisine, 3 restaurants, James Beard House-honored chef, elegant & casual/indoor & outdoor dining, award-winning wine list. Heated year-round outdoor pool & hot tub, Gift Shop, WiFi. Live entertainment nightly in pub. Memorable weddings & events. Small to mid-size meetings, unique spaces. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your The Red Lion Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.