“wonderful B & B experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Stockbridge Country Inn
3.5 of 5 Inn   |   26 Glendale Rd., PO Box 525, Stockbridge, MA 01262   |
Ranked #3 of 10 Stockbridge B&B and Inns
waukegan
“wonderful B & B experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I spent two wonderful nights at the Stockbridge Country Inn at the end of September. We were greeted by the warm-hearted innkeepers, Diane and Vern. We were welcomed like family coming home to visit! The inn is tastefully decorated with antiques, beautiful furniture, and many sitting areas with fireplaces for you to relax. There was an
antique doll carriage in one corner of the hall, an antique wagon, and large spinning wheel in
additional to other lovely antiques. The inn is cozy and the innkeepers have put in much time over the years to furnish the lovely Inn. It is obvious they enjoy doing what they do! There is a library full of books and magazines. We stayed in the lovely White Iron Suite, which was decorated just like the picture on the website. The room and bathroom were clean and immaculate with plenty of amenities and a basket of additional towels in the bathroom. It was cozy and very comfortable. The breakfasts were delicious and abundant with choices as described on the website. We were greeted every morning by Diane who is good natured and has a bubbly personality, who also cooked and served us our breakfast. We had breakfast in two different areas the two days we were there. Each were cozy, table set with fine china overlooking the gorgeous grounds. Vern is a terrific person who is very knowledgable about the history of Stockbridge and our American history. One morning he took the time to give us some tips how to spend the day. My husband and I both enjoyed listening to his stories. Both Diane and Vern were a delight, very cordial, and felt like our family. I personally enjoyed chatting with Diane! The Norman Rockwell Museum is a must, which is located down the road from the Inn. An extra amenity of staying two nights at the Inn were the free tickets you receive to the museum. We thought that was a nice touch. We can't say enough about the Stockbridge Country Inn and the friendly innkeepers. We had a memorable stay at the Stockbridge Country Inn in the charming town of Stockbridge. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

The Inn was very comfortable. The location was quiet except for some road noise. The breakfasts were comfortable, excellent, and well served. The property was well kept with interesting gardens and plantings throughout. Not really walkable to local attractions - busy roadways unsuitable for foot traffic). They were flexible in letting us check-out early.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Binghamton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My brother and his wife stayed at this inn for 2 nights during their wedding weekend, and as the best man I had the opportunity to witness firsthand some of the worst hospitality anyone could have expected from such a highly touted inn. Not only were Diane and her husband incredibly rude to my brother and his wife in person, they felt it necessary to berate my brother's wife through the walls of the bedroom, preventing any hope for a peaceful evening before their wedding day. It was absolutely a negative experience for me and the rest of the groomsmen, who were originally going to get dressed and prepared for the wedding in the suite, only to be told the day of the wedding that this would no longer be possible. To any couples looking at the honeymoon suite in particular as a potential place to stay, be warned: the sitting room furniture, coasters, and place settings for 4+ people is apparently just for show, as Diane and Vernon made it all too clear that there would be absolutely no entertaining of any kind, even if it was to enjoy a drink with the wedding party after the rehearsal. I would not wish this experience on anyone, least of all my brother and his wife during their wedding weekend- I would not recommend staying here for any reason.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ME
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We booked the honeymoon suite at the Stockbridge Country Inn for our wedding weekend based on its reviews and proximity to our event. Things were off to a bad start when my wife went to check in and Diane rudely told her she was "in the wrong place." After a few minutes of looking over her reservation book she realized her mistake. We then waited over an hour for our room to be ready (3 hours after check-in).

Later that evening, after our rehearsal dinner, we invited members of our wedding party back to our suite for a visit (6 people). We were told the room was for "my wife and I only" and our guests were forced to leave. Vernon watched out his bedroom window to make sure everyone left. That night Diane could be heard through the wall of our bedroom saying horrible things about me, my wife, and our guests. It was Appalling, rude, and unprofessional. It was shocking to be treated this way as we were not rowdy teenagers but professional adults (MD's,Phd's, chemical engineers, television writers, etc). The next day Diane told me my groomsmen and I would not be allowed to get ready for our wedding in the suite and was extremely rude to our photographer. She made herself "scarce" for the rest of the weekend and we did not see her again. Although we had the room reserved 3 nights we left a night early and forfeited the rate for our final night, which was well worth it to not have to interact with Diane again.

The Inn is full of fake knock-off antique reproductions, cheap upholstered furniture, and machine made "oriental rugs". There is limited parking and an extremely steep driveway. Spend your money somewhere else. The innkeeper should not be in the service industry.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I now understand why the Stockbridge Country Inn garners such good reviews on TripAdvisor. The inn is set on a hill off Rt. 183 just down the road from the Rockwell Museum and the Berkshire Botanical Garden. It's also within 10 minutes from Tanglewood and the quaint towns of Stockbridge and Lenox. So it has location in its favor. The rooms are spacious, spotless, and decorated in old New England style. The breakfast consists of eggs cooked to order and delicious, fresh pastries. So it has style and cuisine in its favor. But what really sets it apart is the staff, which is uniformly friendly and helpful, especially the innkeeper, Diane. Breakfast is served from 8:30 to 10 am, which seems civilized, but is a tad late for me since I have yet to shake off my working wakeup time. Our first morning there, I was wandering around at 7 am or so and bumped into Diane, who apparently had just left her bed. When I told her I was looking for coffee, she took me into the kitchen and brewed a cup on the spot. That's a small thing, but it's typical of this inn's welcoming and helpful attitude.

Room Tip: Room 19 is a little dark, but spacious and on the first floor. The second floor rooms are just as sp...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Diane and Vernon warm welcome and great attention to details make the Stockbridge Country Inn a unique place to stay in the Berkshires. Our room was very comfortable, decorated in 19th century England style but with a very large 21st century bathroom with everything you need for a relaxing weekend. The grounds are beautiful, the pool a relaxing and refreshing break in a day of music and art. And breakfast means a sumptuous table with your choice of home made eggs, fruit, cereals and breads. For me, it was French toast with peaches... and the time to taste every bite because you are minutes from Tanglewood, Stockbridge, Lenox and all the attractions you want to get to.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

we loved the stockbridge country inn! Our room was spotless and the inn was sooo charming. We were treated like beloved friends by Diane and Vernon. Breakfast was an event! Diane brings out all her best for us. The inn is well located for many activities. We also enjoyed the heated private pool in a lovely setting.Looking forward to returning!

Room Tip: The white iron room was quiet and charmingly decorated
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Stockbridge Country Inn? Share your experiences!