“Great food, great service (sort of)” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 12 Restaurants in Stockbridge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Great food, great service (sort of)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

Went to Michael's Saturday night. Despite the restaurant being packed, we had an amazing meal and our waitress (Katie) was great! The only issue we had was with one of the other waitresses. While I understand it is their job to be friendly and accommodating, One of the waitresses was extremely loud. Her volume could have broken glass and I shuttered everytime she came around the corner because I couldn't handle listening to her call her elderly guests "sweetie" and "honey" one more time! Again, our burgers were great but the restaurant lost all of its charm via one of their obnoxious staff members.

• Visited August 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Boston MA
“Great service, good food and fair prices.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Stopped for lunch on a busy Saturday, July 19. The hostess. Greeted us warmly and sat us right away and let us know our server would be with us shortly. Our waitress, Annette, came right over with another warm welcome and let us know the soups and specials and took our drink order. The drinks arrived within two minutes, I had delicious fresh brewed iced tea and my husband had a local draft beer in a frosty pint glass. We then ordered two lobster rolls and strawberry soup. The chilled soup was amazing! The lobster rolls were tasty though a little small. They were served with a very generous portion of French fries and coke slaw. The restaurant was very busy but our order was delivered quickly which was a nice surprise. Annette stopped and checked on us while we were eating and when we were done was right there to clear our plates and offer coffee and desert, which we declined. All in all a great lunch.

Great Barrington, Massachusetts
“Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Robin was our server. Great personality. Great service. I had an excellent sesame crusted Thai Salmon Salad. The last time I was at Michael's I ordered the Lobster Roll special which was equally good. Wish it was permanently on the menu.

Boston, Massachusetts
“So bad I left!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I've eaten at Michael's before, never outstanding, but decent food, fair price & good location. That's why I went last Saturday, I needed to find a restaurant in Stockbridge that could seat me right away because I had time constraints. We walked in and saw available seating. The hostess said, they were out of menus bc a large party had just come in. I thought that was odd, but explained my tine and she said it would be no problem. She left and it sounded as if she were asking someone to print a menu. When she came back we all just stood around. I finally asked if we could be seated and at least get our drinks ordered. She sat us, and then disappeared. No one else appeared at all, ever. After 5 minutes or so we walked out. We couldn't say anything to her as we left because the hostess stand was deserted, as the restaurant deserves to be!

• Visited July 2014
michaelsstockbridge, Owner at Michael's, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
First off i want to apologize for your experience here at Michaels. Second i will speak with all parties involved.

third i want to let you know that you came in on the busiest day of the month (camp weekend) and to get served quickly on this particular weekend is impossible. we try hard to please everyone at Michaels, but some we cant. i just hope you will stop in again when your not in such a rush. we have been here for 33 years and counting so i hope this one visit wont reflect us as bad as you made it sound.

sorry
Michael Abdalla
owner
Swampscott
“Good food; odd pricing practices”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This was our second time having lunch at Michael's in Stockbridge. A "homey, cottage-like" restaurant, with a nice lunch menu.

I ordered the lobster roll special and my wife ordered the lemon pepper chicken sandwich. Since I had asked our waitress for some gluten free options and she mentioned that they serve Udi's bread and rolls (excellent), I knew this would be a good choice.

Our server was very nice and the service was good. But there's a surprise when you receive your check. They charge ($2.75) extra for gluten free bread, as well as that second cup of coffee. It's not indicated on the menu, and the waitress said nothing. Having a gluten allergy, I'm used to paying perhaps an extra dollar on occasion, typically posted or on the menu. And the coffee??? I would rather see them raise their prices a bit to cover these costs. It makes for a much better dining experience instead of surprising your guests with the check.