“My Favorite Attraction of All Time.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Type: Gardens, Outdoors
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience Gilded-Age style and splendor at this marvelous estate, renowned for its elegant gardens and rare Berkshire Cottage.
Nashville, Tennessee
13 attraction reviews
“My Favorite Attraction of All Time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Naumkeag has such an air of tranquility that it seems to be a holy place; I guess it is a holy land for nature lovers. When I get old and retire, I think I’ll convince my neighbors that I am crazy by building a replica of the iconic steps and water feature from this place in my back yard.

I came back to write this review although I haven't been to Naumkeag in a couple years because I found myself wondering where I'd got if I could go back to any of the places I've been, and this is it!

Visited May 2012

Israel
24 attraction reviews
“A beautiful estate....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

A beautiful house amidst a splendid garden, what else do you need for a short visit to a nice place???

Visited June 2012
Boston, MA
7 attraction reviews
“Naumkeag, worth a visit.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Naumkeag is a great site and worth inclusion in any trip through the Berkshires. We greatly enjoyed the guided tour of the house and gardens. Not quite Newport but certainly a trip to the gilded age.

Visited April 2012
houston
19 attraction reviews
“Don't Miss This Special Historic House & Garden”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Excellent guide at an historic house in a gorgeous mountain setting overlooking the Berkshire village of Stockbridge. Collections of Chinese Export Porcelain, needlework and antique furniture from several periods as well as the philanthropic and international contributions of the Choate family made this a fascinating tour. World famous gardens were beautiful even this late in the season, showcasing artifacts collected by the family in China. What a delightful and worthwhile visit.

Visited October 2012
Pittsfield, Massachusetts
“Great tour, exceptional house, amazing views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Great tour guide and almost all original furniture in home, eclectically decorated. Rich history, several gardens, stunning view of mountains.

Visited October 2012