“Something Fishy” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Something Fishy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

My family decided to try out the Black and White after several people told us that the food was excellent.
We ordered the two lobster bisque, which was the soup of the day at $2.50 ea. Dill Salmon $14.29, Baked Stuffed Shrimp $16.95 and a Daily Special of Chicken & Lobster penne with Alfredo sauce $14.95.

The waitress was nice enough, but she forgot one of our drink orders. After waiting some time she did not return, so had to ask another wait staff to bring for us. Our soups came right out, but we waited at least 30 min for our meals to be brought out.

The lobster bisque was very salty and I thought it was tomato soup at first. The baked stuffed shrimp was really 7 small overcooked shrimp in a casserole dish with butter and a thin sprinkling of bread crumbs thrown on top. The Chicken & Lobster Penne was not bad, too much Alfredo sauce for my liking and the chicken was a little over cooked, but it was the best dish we ordered. The Salmon smelled and tasted very fishy, it was inedible so I sent it back. I have never sent a dish back to the kitchen, ever!
The waitress was apologetic, but kept saying that she had served 10 Dill Salmon that night and I was the only person who complained. She offered to have the kitchen make me something else, but I just asked for a side plate and I shared the chicken and lobster with my daughter.

After our meal, while the bus person was clearing the table, she dumped a ketchup container onto the table and it splattered onto my daughter's white dress (the first time she had ever worn it). The bus person was clearly sorry and I know it was an accident, but it was not a great end to the already bad meal.

They took the Salmon off the bill and then an additional $25 for the dress (which was very nice) But, I don't think we'll be going back there again.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Rutland, Massachusetts
“could be excellent , but probably never will”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I have been going there since they reopened , unfortunately they have no competition therefor they don't seem to care . They have the best pizza around but there is no consistency , pizza is over priced and they tell you 30 min , and it's done in 10 min and cold when you get home. The last straw was I ordered a $10.00 Burger and I over herd the cook say he lost the slip and he gave the waitress an attitude because he got the order wrong , upon getting home and opening the meal I found the order was thrown in the bag because he was pissed off that he couldn't do his job. So.... in short if you choose to go there be ready for a half hearted meal at a whole hearted price.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Worcester, Massachusetts
“A nice ride.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

When we were younger, we used to drive out there for ice cream all the time. Then they closed, but reopened recently. I haven't been there since they re-opened.

Ashburnham
“Landmark”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

This little place has become a landmark, great ice cream, pretty drive, ok meals

worcester
“Relaxed atmosphere-Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

My Wife and I went here early on a Friday night recently and very early the place was packed so these people ARE doing something right. We had a very nice meal and our waitress was very friendly and accomadating. I had the taco salad with grilled chicken and it was very tasty and eye appealing. My Wife had the turkey dinner and others had pizza, meatloaf and stuffed shrimp and all were perfect. I would go back without hesitation.

• Visited October 2011