“A very local flavor...” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
WESTERN MASS.
“A very local flavor...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Found this place just a short drive from Westfield State University to grab a bite after a Football game. The burger and fries were satisfactory, but my wife's chicken wrap and daughter's Hawaiian Quesadilla were superb. We were there at 4pm so the place was starting to bustle as we were leaving, but the staff was friendly and seemed to know everyone that came in. The area is loaded with pizza joints, and we had just eaten pizza the night before, so next time we'll give their's a shot.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Massachusetts
“Not your ordinary pizza stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My husband and I have eaten at Zanto's Restaurant in Southwick, MA since it opened. Through many dinners we have tried a lot of the choices on the menu. Never have we been dissapointed. Also, the pizza is thin crusted and always delicious.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hartford, Connecticut
“Not true think crust pizza, but tasty nevertheless”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Zantos offers both thin and regular crust, so I called in for take out thin crust, light cheese pizza. We thought we died and went to heaven, it was so good. About a week later, I called in again to order the same pizza. It was very good, but did not look or taste the same as the first pizza. I figured I forgot to mention "thin crust". It also was a bit greasy. A few days later we decided to stop in for pizza as that first pizza was so great, we couldn't wait to have it again!. This time I said thin crust twice and light cheese. The pizza came out like the previous one. It was not thin crust like the first one, and when I asked, she asked the cook and he said it was the thin crust pizza, & she wasn't sure why the first one was so different. This was not thin crust as we know it. It was about 2-3 times as thick as true thin crust pizza. It had the regular amount of cheese, and was greasy.

Don't get me wrong. The taste of the pizza was very good, and I would recommend it. I am sure most people would love the amount of cheese they put on. The place was packed when we arrived, with just 2 tables available. Service was understandably slow. The food must be good if it was this crowded on a weekday! The desserts look out of this world.

Most people like the regular amount of cheese, and it was tasty. However, 1) what they say is thin crust is not, 2) they do not always prepare the pizza in the fashion it was ordered, and 3) the pizza is not consistant.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Southwick, Massachusetts
“Ate there last night with my wife and did not want anything to do with that place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We eat out very often in the Southwick/Westfield area, maybe about 4-5 times a week since we are both retired. When we got in the lady was extremlely rude and looked like she didnt want to be their. We ordered our meals, Grinder and a pizza and it was cold in the center of both of them, and the lady gave us attitude when we asked if she could warm it up more for us. Didnt offer to reduce the price and food was still not fully cooked, never going there again unless there is a drastic change.

Visited June 2012
Maine
“good pizza and sandwiches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

great greek selections-- clean, pleasant and reasonable.

Visited March 2012