“Love the place” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek, Italian, Seafood
Southbridge, Massachusetts
“Love the place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

Me and my husband have been going here since we moved to town (8 yrs). We are a young couple. My husband loves their lasanga and pizzas. I love their antipasta salad and the gyros. The owner is nice and remembers us everytime we walk in! Sometimes service and wait time is slow but we take in to consideration that they aren't the busiest, or over staffed like most places. We just dont mind. Their prices are not bad either.

Visited November 2011

“Southbridge sucks.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011 via mobile

Southbridge is a craphole of a town. Goldengreek is the crappy jewel. It's was great in the 70's and 80's in the 90's it started going down hill. Now it just sucks. Last time I ordered, it took 2 hours to get our food and the pizza was burnt black. We need to get rid of all the pizza and chinese joints and get some variety in this town. If your in southbridge go get Thai on charlton st or fried chicken at crown on hamilton s. Iif you want pizza go to pizza chef or Geno's if you want Chinese go to Dynasty. Golden Greek needs to step it up or when the old gambling drunks that frequent this place die Golden Greek will be a thing of the past.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Warren, Massachusetts
2,202 helpful votes 2,202 helpful votes
“Not Very Greek”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2008

Alexander's Golden Greek has been around for many years. It's on the route most people take from this area toward Interstate 395, so I've passed it a hundred times. A lover of Greek food, I decided to make a stop this week and was disappointed.

The decor is a hoot. It was probably done in the seventies along a Greek Pantheon theme. The separate bar with cathedral ceiling is all done in blue with a painting of Zeus discretely covered by a cloud in his mid regions on one end of the room and the Acropolis on the other. The floor is inlaid with small ceramic tiles utilizing a Greek key motif. The room is furnished with faux marble tables and swivel tufted blue vinyl chairs with casters. There is seating at the bar and at tables and the patrons in this room were pretty focused on betting at Keno. The dining room was empty so we ate in the bar.

I expected the menu to feature Greek food like Moussaka, Souvlaki, or Pastitsio after all the decor and the Greek sign, but the only item was a gyro which I ordered. My companion ordered a veal cutlet sandwich. The food came promptly, but the gyro wasn't authentic. The pieces were pre-packaged and ready to go into the fryer or oven instead of freshly sliced. So I guess it was my fault for expecting more than the place could offer.

If you want a quick bite to eat in campy Greek surroundings, this is not really a bad place, but if you have a hankering for Greek food, forget about it.