“Superb service, delicious food!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tomasso Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Southborough
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Boston
“Superb service, delicious food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We've visited Tomasso about a dozen times and this trip was the best by far! The menu was a bit different than my previous visits - there were a few of my favorites were not on the menu (risotto balls and pizza) but the extremely pleasant and accommodating staff were happy to offer those items anyway. We enjoyed the addition of the cured meat and cheese platter to the menu - very well done! The Insalata Verde was delicious as always as was the Pizzetta. My husband ordered the Pesto pasta dish and a steak entree - both were in need of some seasoning (hence the 4 stars for food). The Lemon Mousse semi-freddo and Tiramisu were EXCELLENT. The service was definitely one of the highlights, excellent timing and subtly attentive. We've always liked Tomosso - this most recent visit exceeded our expectations!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Boston, Massachusetts
“overpriced and pretentious”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

"Overpriced and pretentious" about describes Tomasso's. The food is tasty, no doubt about it.

I'll be the first to admit that Italian is an acquired taste to me and there may be reviewers who are native Italians or otherwise better informed about the cuisine than me. But nevertheless ...

I've only been to Tomasso's for lunch, maybe a half dozen times usually because someone else picked the place. I would not choose this place, there's a deli round the corner or coldstone creamery or starbucks and those would be my 1, 2 and 3 choices if I had to eat in this building. I hear they do brunch as well, never been.

They have a selection of cured meats as an antipasti. It was dry and I didn't quite like the look of some of them so I ordered a tomato/basil/mozzarella appetizer. I swear that I could make a better one in my kitchen and I have a hard time boiling an egg. But it worked, I would have put more olive oil on it and less salt.

I don't know Italian and I found the menu to be a bit of a challenge.

The Arugula salad was good; the leaves were crisp and didn't have the 'refrigerator smell'; it was very likely fresh.

They have a chick pea and roasted pepper panini which I found to be delightful. I found it odd that after I'd had an arugula salad, the server insisted that my sandwich would come with more salad and insisted on charging me $1 or something for potatoes. In a restaurant where the average lunch entree is $12, this struck me as petty. I got the roasted potatoes (and paid the $1, yes extravagant).

A colleague had the steak with goat cheese and thought it was overcooked (but he likes steaks raw).

If you must park at 154 Turnpike Road in Southborough for lunch, here are my top 4 recommendations for you:

1. the deli where they make a great sandwich and it isn't overpriced
2. coldstone creamery
3. starbucks
4. tomasso

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Well worth the expense!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

A little expensive; however, well worth it! Everything was delicious!
I'll be coming back! Two great apps and pasta. Just what I needed.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Very Good Italian Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Conveniently located on route 9, just west of Framingham, Tomasso Trattaoria is close to many hotels. Decor is attractive with a mix of sports bar and quiet restaurant. Pasta menu had a variety of unique items. Wine list had a good choice of good Italian wines.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“good place,ok food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

we always wanted to go to tomasso to try some italian food.but the place didnt meet our expectations. we were not very happy with the choice of food for us,they didnt have alfredo sauce items.and the cheese plate was good but overall pricely restaurant. we had gone for a date there and were a bit disappointed,i guess less options for veggies. but they do have different menu daily or a week,so i guess we can give it a try again. also the staff was very good.

• Visited March 2013