“An enjoyable stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Southborough
Des Moines, Iowa
“An enjoyable stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We had a nice four-day stay at this location. It is central to many businesses, and also the interstate. This particular Red Roof Inn has been remodeled to their new look, and we really enjoyed it. It was clean, aired-out, and spacious. The beds were comfortable and clean. Though there is no continental breakfast served, there are many delicious and affordable establishments nearby. We were served at the front desk by several different staff members--all very helpful. If we ever find ourselves in the area again, we will return!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. We apprecaite your kind words and everone here works very had to provide you with excellent customer service and comfortable, clean rooms. I hope that next time you are in the area we can welcome you back to The Red Roof Inn Southborough.

144 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Amherst, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Rented 2 rooms for 4 days so we needed something fairly inexpensive in this general area. These were standard rooms, king size beds, small baths, and TVs. Room was clean, neat, and did not have any odors. Room was made up everyday, and towels were exchanged everyday. Wi-Fi worked. Staff was friendly and made suggestions on places to eat for breakfast. This is a good place when looking for a place to sleep.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 1st building facing Rt 9 are more noisy than the rest. Also a convenience store is a sh...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. My staff works very hard to ensure our guest feel at home and comfortable when they are here, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope that next time you find yourself needed lodging in the Southborough area you will come back.

Lumberton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

If you are in need of an inexpensive hotel for a business or layover, this is great. Place was just recently refurbished. made all non smoking. Mattresses firm and comfy. We had a room in the second building in the back, away from the highway and it was very quiet.. About 40-60 mins to Boston, 45 mins. to Providence. No breakfast, but for the money you save, go out. There is a brand new Cumberland farms in front to grab a quick coffee and bagel. Movie theater about 5 mins, and West borough, 6 miles, a cute little town, has lots of places to eat. Only complaint was that room still had a cigarrette smell (sheets, pillows, mattress all smelled clean). Would stay again if in the area..

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd building away from road.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I will be sure to share this with the entire staff. I am so happy you enjoyed our recent renovation, we are 100% non smoking and newly renovated with new bedding. I am sorry your room had an odor of smoke, we enforce our non-smoking police very strictly and will charge any guests who do smoke in the room a cleaning fee. I will be sure to have the houskeeping staff deep clean that room. Again I and the entire staff appreciate your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I have been staying at this red roof and its always clean and beds are comfortable.I enjoy the amenities and staff is always willing to make the effort to make my stay enjoyable. Location is good too....next to 495 and 290.

• Stayed September 2013
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our property. The staff works so hard to make sure that every guest feels at home and comfortable and it is so nice when they are recognized for all the hard work. Thank you very much. I will share this review with all of them.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We arrived and were met with great customer service. Easy check-in which was great after a 16+ hour road trip from Chicago. Every seemed to be going great; nice and quiet location, etc. I wish that level of service would have continued. We walk into the room and I immediately see the smoke detector hanging from the ceiling. I reported it and nothing was done during our whole trip. We would come back to the room at night and the carpet wasn't even vacuumed. There had been powder donut powder that remained on the carpet for 4 days without being touched. It wasn't even in an obscure place either,. It was right in front of the desk.

The worst part of the trip was my last night. I go to swipe my room card and it didn't work. I tried for 5 minutes to get the door opened. I drive over to the front desk lobby, it's locked and no attendant. It wasn't even late that night (around 10pm). I waited a good 10-15 minutes before the desk clerk came up front. I knocked on the door to get her attention. She was very rude and never apologized for the inconvenience I experienced. Nothing like going sightseeing, coming back to the hotel and not being able to get into your room. I know computer glitches happen but the whole incident was made even worse by a rude employee. I could overlook the cleanliness of the hotel but getting locked out of my room on my final night was the last straw. I will definitely book in another hotel next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
I first wan to thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I am very sorry for the troubles you had during your stay. I would very much like to talk to you about your stay in detail and see if we can resolve this issue for you. I would like to welcome you back next time you are in the area, I can assure you that we normally have excellent feedback regarding our service and housekeeping and I am very sorry that was not the case during your stay.

Please contact me at the hotel at your earliest conveinence,

Clifton Park, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We just had a nice stay at this Red Roof Inn. Very nice price, clean room and convenient to Boston. The only slight downside was access from I-495 in the dark for a first time stay. You have to make a U-turn on Route 9, but now that we are familiar with the location this will not be an issue on future stays, and there will be more stays at this location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the great review of our property. I understand the frustration with Rt 9 and know that it can be challenging. I am happy that once you were on site and in your room we were able to accommodate you and make you feel at home and comfortable. Thank you again for your kind words, we look forward to you visiting us again next time you are in the Southborough area.

Mirabel, Qc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Again, we really enjoyed our 2nd stay at this Red Roof.
We came back because we have been really satisfied the first time (last April).
We chose it especially because it was pet friendly (with no additional charge).
Rooms were recently renovated. Very nice for a very affordable motel.
Staff was very nice at check-in and chek-out.
Rooms clean and confortable. Very big lawn to walk and/or let the dog play.
Location very good to visit Boston and Rhode Island.
We would return here (even without our dog) because we found it a very decent motel for the price.
Tip: Worth paying the small extra $ for the king bedroom with fridge and microwave if traveling on a budget and wishing to save on restaurants.
I recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. I am so happy to hear you picked Red Roof Inn Southborough for a second time. We just completed our renovation in May and the staff and I love the new rooms. We are so happy you enjoyed the new rooms as well. Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent experience, I know you have many choices when it comes to lodging, thank you for choosing us!

Hilary Easter

Been to Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester? Share your experiences!