“Decent place to stay on a budget” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   367 Turnpike Road, Southborough, MA 01772   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Southborough
Walker, Michigan
“Decent place to stay on a budget”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Recently the 4 of us stayed 5 nights here. One thing I noticed quickly is any hotel close to Boston will cost over $100 per night. I considered a cheaper Motel 6 a few miles away and Im glad I didnt. That Motel 6 is only 60 feet away from State Route 9 (busy road). This Red Roof Inn is farther away from SR9 and we were lucky enough to get a room in the second building a few hundred feet behind the main building. Traffic noise was not an issue being back in the second building. Only noise from a new building being constructed right in front of the main building. Most of the time we were away touring Boston or Salem and not in our room anyways.

As I expected for a room in this price range, no breakfast is included. Just free coffee in the main lobby. I paid extra for a deluxe room with a mini fridge and microwave and Im glad I did. It was nice having a Wendys right down the road within walking distance. Our beds were made every day which was nice. The mattresses are harder than I am used to and I did have a mild sore back. Hotel beds are never as nice as your own bed unless you stay at Embassy Suites or other more expensive hotel. Nevertheless, this place was cheaper and served its purpose well.

One nice thing is that Boston Tours will drive their bus to this Red Roof Inn and pick up customers. The tours are $52 per adult and $16 for kids 12-16. It was nice having someone else stress out with driving thru downtown Boston. We drove thru Harvard University and visited a lot of historic sites like Bunker Hill Monument (294 steps to the top and your legs will feel it !) We stopped for lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe and it was an enjoyable tour. Our bus driver was hilarious and laughed at how we pronounce "art" compared to the locals.

Overall this is a good budget motel and is in a nice area, not seedy or questionable like other motels weve stayed at. We dont have toll roads in Michigan but I became familiar with them driving thru New York and Massachusetts. I probably paid $50 in tolls during our entire trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back building to be farther away from the main road for less traffic noise.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel. We work very hard to provide excellent value with even better service. The staff here takes great pride in their work each day and it shows. We are located outside of Boston but as you said with easy access to the city as well. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to this fall when we will undergo a renovation to update our rooms. Please come back and see us after the renovation, I feel we will be adding even more value to our already great property with this update.

Thank you again for taking the time to review The Red Roof Inn in Southborough, I will share your comments with the entire staff.

148 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed 3 days in this hotel, everything was ok except check-in and wi-fi connection. Those who work frm home try to avoid this hotel. It was hard to open a single google page. And Most worst situation was even with prior booking I waited for 2 hrs to check in. Reached hotel at 11:00 AM but the frnt desk people told to wait till 1:00pm to check-in and giving some bla bla reasons. I know the check-in time is 1:00 pm but with less traffic I reached hotel early.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
I first want to apologize that our Wi-Fi was not working properly. We did have some issues for about a week, we did get those resolved and it seems that we are running faster and have much less problems with our guests getting and staying on line. I am very sorry that you encountered an issue while you were here.
We always try to accommodate early check ins if it is at all possible. Check out is at 12 noon, so if we are sold out the night before, our overnight guests have until 12 noon to check out, it can be hard to confirm an early arrival. Again we always try to do our very best and allow early check ins when we can. I hope that you would consider our property in the future. We are scheduled for a renovation in the fall and will have a much more modern and updated look to our rooms.
Thank you for your review of our property we can only get better if you tell us what needs to be improved upon. The staff and I read every review and work to improve based on your feedback.

Promise City, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Very friendly check in. They let me use a coupon even though I had a reservation. Room was clean but small. Would upgrade to super king next time. Rooms were quiet and comfortable. Pillows were very big and hard. Bring your own if you like soft pillows.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for posting about your great stay with us on TripAdvisor! I have shared your comments with the staff and they are happy to see you had a great stay. We love feedback from our guests, so thank you very much.

Sharpsburg, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stay at the Red Roof Inn often for business. Recently I stayed and the location was close to selling out. I had forgotten to make a reservation and my usual room type was no longer available so I asked if there was any way I could still get my usual rate. The person working upgraded me for free without any further questions. The staff really does go above and beyond.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review with Trip Advisor about your stay with us. The staff and I work hard to accommodate our guests and make them feel important and at home while they are here. All Redi-card members get a free upgrade when available at all Red Roof properties. I am glad we were able to accommodate you on a busy night.

Thank you very much for your kind words, I will share this review with the whole staff.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here on our way home from vacation. Our room was newly refurbished and very clean and nicely decorated. Staff was very pleasant. The price was a great value. Very pleased with this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel. Our staff loves to hear our guests feedback and will be so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind words with all of them.

Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stayed in this hotel quite a few times. Nice place, great service and friendly staff, good value, clean bathroom & power shower, cozy bed, pleasant stay in any weather (and easy to tune AC or heating inside room), widescreen TV including HBO channels, free wireless Internet access and newspaper USAToday, convenient location (crossing Rt 9 and I-495, and close to I-90) to reach many points of interest.
-Joseph

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hello Joseph,

Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel. As I have stated the staff here all work very hard to ensure that our guests have a great stay. I appreciate you taking the time to write about your most recent stay.

Netanya, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Nice place to stay when you come, you sleep, you leave (and don't pay much).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilary E, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We work hard to ensure our guests feel comfortable and at home at a great value. Thank you again and please consider the Red Roof Inn in Southborough next time you are in the area.

Hilary Easter

Been to Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester? Share your experiences!