“Mom's Retreat” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn South Yarmouth

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn South Yarmouth to your Saves list
Clarion Inn South Yarmouth
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1199 Rte. 28, South Yarmouth, MA 02664 (Formerly All Seasons Motor Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Brewster, Massachusetts
“Mom's Retreat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

For Christmas this year, my husband gave me a night away from the madness of being a full-time Mom to our children. I didn't want to go too far away - that Mommy need to be near my babies at all times is too strong in me - but as part of my "me time" I wanted to go to the movies, so I knew I needed to be in the Dennis-Yarmouth area. I came here to Tripadvisor to help me sort out what hotels would be open in December on the Cape as well as what ones were CLEAN. CLEAN was my number one priority. Clarion Inn of South Yarmouth did not disappoint. Additional to the cleanliness, the staff was very personable, friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable. The shower had hot water, not lukewarm, and it *stayed* hot the entire shower (and with no kids with me, I took myself a loooong shower!). My one and only complaint was that the walls were fairly thin and I could hear the baby in the next room - right at the wall by my bed - crying and crying all afternoon & evening. I could hear the father trying to calm him/her, but it just wasn't working. I thought about calling the front desk and moving - afterall, my husband was paying good money to get me AWAY from screaming children - but I had done some Christmas shopping and had things spread out on the spare bed; it would have been far more work than it was worth. Ultimately, I turned on the heater fan and it drowned out the noise enough to no longer be bothersome. Aside from that one blight - which really wasn't even the hotel's fault - my stay was very relaxing, comfortable and enjoyable!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Dennis Port, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife and i stayed here one nite after our power had been out for 48 hours during the Feb. blizzard of 2013 on cape cod. I called here to see if any rooms available and there was. When i asked the rate they said they were giving a reduced rate for anyone whom has lost power during storm.
I thought this was very nice for this day and age.So we packed up and went . The staff was extremly nice and helpful. The hotel was very clean and comfy. It also has a very large heated pool.After checking out next morning we went home only to realize our home still had no power. So i called hotel and they said they would hold room for a second nite . About 2;00 pm our power finally came back on. When i called hotel to tell them we won;t be arriving they said that was fine and wouldn;t charge me for the nite.
Wow great service. Would definitly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Try to get room on second floor. No one overhead.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
South Yarmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Can't say enough about the Clarion of South Yarmouth, Ma.
We just stayed last night and also live in south Yarmouth.
Due to the blizzard of 2013, we had no power and the house was getting colder by the minute. I called and asked if they had a room for that night. He asked where I was coming in from, and when I said Yarmouth because we have no power, he informed me that they were helping out the community and the rate was only $50.00 plus tax. By the time we got there we were so cold and tired from shoveling out the car to get there. Not only was the room spotless, it was nice and warm which was great.
MY HAT OFF TO CLARION; time of need this clarion came through.
Thank you and greatly appreciated. . Would definitely recommend this Clarion. I am a manager of a complex in Dennisport , so now when I have to referral customers to other establishments, I will be sending them to this Clarion. Many thanks to the wonderful staff too, very kind and caring.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Shelton, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is my first review which I am writing because of the wonderful experience we had at the Clarion in South Yarmouth. When we arrived we were greated by Chris who made us feel welcome from the start. He was friendly, helpful and warm. We were given the room we requested and when we went in for the first time the heat was on a good temeperature so the room was warm and cozy. It was a small basic room which was clean and well maintained. We went with our two children ages 11 and 4. With my kids a good pool makes for a good vacation. The pool at the Clarion was perfect. It was a good size with a large shallow area for my little one. Most importantly the pool was WARM and the pool room was also warm. Since so much of our time is spent in the pool a clean warm pool is a must for us. This pool was everything we could ask for. There was also an even warmer whirlpool and a sauna. The kids also made use of the small game room during our stay. Even the cost of the room was less than we have paid for comparable hotels. It was a great weekend at a really wonderful winter retreat. Thank you to owners of this hotel for doing it right!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
New Port Richey, Florida, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We have stayed here before, and although the price is good for what you get, it use to be better. Many hotels serve free continental breakfast, here during the off season its 4.95. When hot breakfast is served, its a average buffet for $13 per person. Free coffer from 3pm on, but not in the morning. Oh its empty, hummmm I wonder why. Its average clean and there are worse, but I see a slide coming.

Room Tip: It has a pool, but you can smell the chemicals a mile away.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Torrington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

My family has been coming to the All Season's / Clarion for a number of years. There is no other place that we would consider staying for a number of reasons.

First of all, the place is an absolutely beautiful and well maintained property. The pool room is enormous, with a beautiful hot tub and is meticulously taken care of. It is so relaxing just to sit and relax in this beautiful setting.The rooms are comfortable and clean and the staff could not be more caring.

I have read some of the reviews regarding changing breakfasts and prices. This hotel has lowered the prices significantly recently...they understand that it is very difficult for families to have an affordable vacation and have changed their price policy to accommodate these changing and challenging times.

The very affordable $4.95 breakfast is perfect for people with or without children. There are freshly baked muffins, made from scratch oatmeal, fresh fruit , bagels and bread , juices coffee and tea. We love this breakfast and were told that it will continue throughout the winter months.In the summer there is a full breakfast and luncheon served by the outside pool if one desires.

I sincerely hope that those of you that have been to the Clarion before will return again and see what this place has to offer now. It is truly a jewel of a place to make wonderful memories with your family!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Central Islip, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The former 4 Seasons Motel is now a Choice Hotels Clarion Inn. We stayed here in late August during our trip to the cape and they offer a nice package for the money spent. I will simply list the pros and cons of the Clarion that we observed during our 5 day stay.

Pros:
1. Very clean with comfortable beds and a small refrigerator in each room.
2. Both Outdoor and indoor pools (heated), jacuzzi and fitness room.
3. Free coffee and tea in the lobby every day from 3 till 10 pm.
4. Very friendly, courteous and knowledgeable staff.
5. The Cape Cod Creamery is right next door and offers discounts to Clarion guests.
6. The Clarion's central location on the cape makes it easier to get around.

Cons
1. The indoor pool area is uncomfortably warm (almost sauna like).
2. Their wi-fi setup does not work on all devices (my tablet would not connect although my friends laptop did). I understand that they have been working on correcting this.
3. The restaurant is only good for a quick breakfast on the run.

In short, this is a good place for families with young children of which there were many during our stay. If you are looking for a quiet romantic place to stay, this may not be the best choice. I would highly recommend requesting a ground floor room in the courtyard overlooking the outdoor pool.

Room Tip: I would highly recommend requesting a ground floor room in the courtyard overlooking the outdoor poo...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
seasoned_travler56, General Manager at Clarion Inn South Yarmouth, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear SJKK77,

You are correct the Clarion inn was formerly the All Seasons and has been owned and operated by the Hemeon Abbott Family for over 26 years.

It continues to be extremely beneficial for the management of our resort to receive feedback from our valued guest. We enjoy the positive remarks which let us know that we’re on the right track while constructive criticism is especially valuable as it allows us the opportunity to make our Inn better by immediately acting on any shortcomings.

We look forward to your next visit!

Been to Clarion Inn South Yarmouth? Share your experiences!