My husband, daughter and I recently spent one night at the Red Jacket for my birthday. I have been coming to the Cape for many years and never have stayed here before - what a mistake on my part.
We stayed on a Saturday night, the last night they were open before they closed for the season. We had a oceanfront lawn room and it was beautiful. The grounds are immaculately maintained - not a blade of grass out of place. That night there was was also a wedding taking place on the lawn and that looked just spectacular. We did spend some time roaming around the property. The outdoor pools are great and the indoor pool is very large.
The room we stayed in was clean, had a flat screen TV and what appeared to be updated bedding. It was clean. Unlike the previous poster, there was no mold or must in my room. My only complaint was that the bathroom was very small. We had the opportunity to go to the bar and the bartender was OUTSTANDING! My husband ordered breakfast and we ate on our balcony. The food was wonderful - absolutely no complaints. I think one of the best things about this resort was the attention that the resort staff paid to their guests. Every single staff person had a smile on their face and were very willing to offer assistance. They were great - above average!
We will come back for vacation in the summer, hopefully for a week, even though it is expensive. It offers everything you would need, beach, restaurant, recreation - you never have to leave the property to fight Cape traffic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 150 guest rooms and 14 three or four-bedroom villas, the Red Jacket Beach Resort enjoys a fabulous location on 1,000 feet of private sandy beach on the warm waters of Nantucket Sound. Recently updated guest rooms are equipped with two queen beds or a king along with porch deck with most offering spectacular views of the ocean. The resort features large indoor and outdoor heated pools, as well as a zero-entry children's pool and Jacuzzi spa. The Kids' Klub, a supervised children's program is offered during summer season along with a full complement of family activities, including hermit crab races, kite making, sand sculpting contests, swim instruction, Wii tournaments, bonfire nights, fun clowns, magic and pirate adventure weeks, and musical entertainment throughout the summer season on a complimentary basis to resort guests. In addition, the Red Jacket offers on-site fishing, tennis, beach volleyball, and shuffleboard, with docking facilities available for small boats on Parker's River, which borders the resort. Parasailing, jetskis, and kayaking are available during summer season. Two dozen championship golf courses are situated within a half hour's drive, including our own Blue Rock course, located four miles from the resort. The Red Jacket's dining room serves signature New England cuisine. Guests can pamper themselves in the resort's full service spa. The Red Jacket Beach is also the perfect setting for corporate retreats, reunions, and tour groups, as well as for weddings and special celebrations, and boasts 6,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space. Open from early April until late October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Jacket Beach Hotel South Yarmouth
- Red Jacket Beach Resort And Spa
- Hotel Red Jacket Beach
- Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa Cape Cod/South Yarmouth, MA