We made our reservation through Expedia but after contacting the resort. Upon speaking to the resort directly, we cancelled our reservation through expedia and made it directly with the resort. The specials they offered made it worth the extrta work. We then through a curve at the resort and requested to arrive a day earlier. They said they could do it if we were ok with staying in a different room for the first night. We arrived and to our surprise, the resort was able to have our room available for the additional day...no room moving...
Our stay was great!! The location is close to everything, good restaurants, mini golf, and most importantly the ocean. There is a kids club which kept our 9yr old boy entertained every day. They do crafts, sports, etc... They have a pool inside and outside. My favorite was the breakfast buffet. I don't like buffets because they usually have a lot of food and the quality is just ok...well this bbuffet was limited but had the essentials. The food was hot and fresh and tasted good. From the hot cakes and scrambled eggs to the fresh fruit, muffins and eggs bendict everything was consistant for the 5 days we stayed. The staff was alwys around and willing to assist. Everyone from the maids and pool side staff to the conciere. I can go on and on.
A real nice place to stay. Price was right for where and when we stayed. The rooms were comfortable, perhaps a little small but had all the usuals. If there is anything negaitve I would say...there is no coffee maching in the room. They do provide it free in the lobby and my son fetched it for my wife and I each day. He took advantage of the free chocolate milk each time.
We have already made plans to go back. It seemed that many people we met return yearly. I can see no reason why we wouldn't. This isn't our first time to the cape and we have stayed in other parts and other places, but may have just found the place for all future visits. If you have children, this is a no-brainer...give it a try! :)
- Also Known As:
- Red Jacket Beach Hotel South Yarmouth
- Red Jacket Beach Resort And Spa
- Hotel Red Jacket Beach
- Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa Cape Cod/South Yarmouth, MA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 150 guest rooms and 14 three-bedroom villas, the Red Jacket Beach Resort enjoys a fabulous location on 1,000 feet of private sandy beach on the warm waters of Nantucket Sound. Guest rooms are equipped with two queen beds or a king along with porch deck with most offering spectacular views of the ocean. The resort features large indoor and outdoor heated pools, as well as a zero-entry children’s pool and Jacuzzi spa. In addition, the Red Jacket offers on-site fishing, tennis, beach volleyball, and shuffleboard, with docking facilities available for small boats on Parker’s River, which borders the resort. Parasailing, jetskis, and kayaking are available during summer season. Two dozen championship golf courses are situated within a half hour’s drive, including our own Blue Rock course, located four miles from the resort. The Red Jacket’s dining room serves signature New England cuisine, while the Oceanview Grill is the place to be on summer evenings with themed grill nights accompanied by live musical entertainment. Guests can pamper themselves in the resort’s full service spa, offering manicures, pedicures, facials, and a full complement of massage treatments. The Red Jacket Beach is also the perfect setting for corporate retreats, reunions, and tour groups, as well as for weddings and special celebrations, and boasts 6,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space. The Kids’ Klub, a supervised children’s program is offered during summer season along with a full complement of family activities, including hermit crab races, kite making, sand sculpting contests, swim instruction, Wii tournaments, bonfire nights, fun clowns, magic and pirate adventure weeks, and musical entertainment throughout the summer season on a complimentary basis to resort guests. Rates start at $139 per night. Open from early April until early November. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel, Fareportal and Agoda so you can book your Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.