This was our third time here, and we weren't disappointed. It's simply a great value compared to other places on the Cape, especially for families. You can't beat the location, right on a beautiful beach. We stayed in a river view room. In my opinion, this room type is the best value for the money. The rooms on that side of the hotel are quiet and you have a beautiful view of the Bass River and marshlands, as well as the little dock where the hotel launches its jet skis. You also get to see the gorgeous sunsets from your spacious balcony, as these rooms face west. The rooms are clean and even a bit more spacious than rooms at other hotels we've stayed in where we have paid twice the money. The bed linens have been updated since our last stay. The mattresses are so comfortable!!
Some people have complained of a musty smell in the rooms. It's simply a function of where this hotel is located and not a function of the hotel being run-down or dirty. The hotel is very well-kept and clean. The hotel is on the ocean/river -- you are going to experience damp smells at times. Simply turn on the A/C when you walk in the room. It will refresh/circulate/dry out the air in the room -- problem solved.
The staff at this hotel couldn't be nicer! Everyone we encountered was polite. Every one of them say hello as they pass by you and are more than willing to help.
Free beach chairs (both sand chairs and chaise lounges) and free umbrellas. Drink service, both on the beach and at the pool.
Nice outdoor and indoor pools. -- well-maintained. It would be nice to see full food service for lunch, both on the beach and at the pools. (Also, one recommendation I have for management: why do you make these poor drink runners wear black shirts in the hot sun? It seems that it's only the drink runners who wear black. Other workers were in maroon or white shirts. Let them all wear white so they stay cool.).
Drinks were not outrageously priced. $4 for a domestic beer. $5 for imports. $6 for daiquiris, etc.
Great activities for kids! The hermit crab races are hilarious. Movies shown in the pool.
We were here on a package that included breakfast (early summer deal). Great value and the breakfast buffet was delicious, with ample choices. You can also order off the menu if you choose.
Very relaxing stay! We'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 150 guest rooms and 14 three-bedroom villas, the Red Jacket Beach Resort enjoys a fabulous location on 1,000 feet of private sandy beach on the warm waters of Nantucket Sound. Guest rooms are equipped with two queen beds or a king along with porch deck with most offering spectacular views of the ocean. The resort features large indoor and outdoor heated pools, as well as a zero-entry children’s pool and Jacuzzi spa. In addition, the Red Jacket offers on-site fishing, tennis, beach volleyball, and shuffleboard, with docking facilities available for small boats on Parker’s River, which borders the resort. Parasailing, jetskis, and kayaking are available during summer season. Two dozen championship golf courses are situated within a half hour’s drive, including our own Blue Rock course, located four miles from the resort. The Red Jacket’s dining room serves signature New England cuisine, while the Oceanview Grill is the place to be on summer evenings with themed grill nights accompanied by live musical entertainment. Guests can pamper themselves in the resort’s full service spa, offering manicures, pedicures, facials, and a full complement of massage treatments. The Red Jacket Beach is also the perfect setting for corporate retreats, reunions, and tour groups, as well as for weddings and special celebrations, and boasts 6,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space. The Kids’ Klub, a supervised children’s program is offered during summer season along with a full complement of family activities, including hermit crab races, kite making, sand sculpting contests, swim instruction, Wii tournaments, bonfire nights, fun clowns, magic and pirate adventure weeks, and musical entertainment throughout the summer season on a complimentary basis to resort guests. Rates start at $139 per night. Open from early April until early November. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, TravelClick, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Jacket Beach Resort And Spa
- Red Jacket Beach Hotel South Yarmouth
- Hotel Red Jacket Beach
- Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa Cape Cod/South Yarmouth, MA