Let me start by saying that we were there off season. I don't know if there might be different experiences in season. First thing that strikes you as you go from the office to your room is the beautiful landscaping. The courtyard around the pool is quiet and idyllic. The rooms are basic but very clean. The bed was very comfortable. At first we were uncomfortable keeping the sliding door open at night so we ran the air conditioning so it wouldn't get stuffy. By the end of the trip we kept the door open and slept soundly. The restaurant was closed for dinner so we only had breakfast there. The food was pretty standard fare for a resort. The service was efficient and friendly. In fact, all the staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a nice conversation with one of the gardeners about the flowers. He stopped what he was doing and answered our questions and then engaged us in conversation. They provide chairs on the beach and the indoor pool was very clean. The private beach is clean and quiet. Too cold for us to brave the outdoor pool though it looked great. It's a great location to base day trips up and down the cape. While we were there they had two weddings and somehow managed to pull them off without any inconvenience to the other guests. Make no mistake, this is a beach resort and not a 5 star hotel in Manhattan, but it is head and shoulders over any beach resort I have ever been at. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 150 guest rooms and 14 three or four-bedroom villas, the Red Jacket Beach Resort enjoys a fabulous location on 1,000 feet of private sandy beach on the warm waters of Nantucket Sound. Guest rooms are equipped with two queen beds or a king along with porch deck with most offering spectacular views of the ocean. The resort features large indoor and outdoor heated pools, as well as a zero-entry children's pool and Jacuzzi spa. The Kids' Klub, a supervised children's program is offered during summer season along with a full complement of family activities, including hermit crab races, kite making, sand sculpting contests, swim instruction, Wii tournaments, bonfire nights, fun clowns, magic and pirate adventure weeks, and musical entertainment throughout the summer season on a complimentary basis to resort guests. In addition, the Red Jacket offers on-site fishing, tennis, beach volleyball, and shuffleboard, with docking facilities available for small boats on Parker's River, which borders the resort. Parasailing, jetskis, and kayaking are available during summer season. Two dozen championship golf courses are situated within a half hour's drive, including our own Blue Rock course, located four miles from the resort. The Red Jacket's dining room serves signature New England cuisine. Guests can pamper themselves in the resort's full service spa. The Red Jacket Beach is also the perfect setting for corporate retreats, reunions, and tour groups, as well as for weddings and special celebrations, and boasts 6,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space. Open from early April until early November. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Jacket Beach Hotel South Yarmouth
- Red Jacket Beach Resort And Spa
- Hotel Red Jacket Beach
- Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa Cape Cod/South Yarmouth, MA