We stayed for part of April Vacation. I am blown away at how friendly every single staff member I came across was. They all had huge smiles on their faces and were eager to help.Even the lawn guy who opened the door for us. However, this is the first weekend they have opened for the season, so lets see they are still this friendly come mid July! The rooms were antiquated, but this is Cape Cod. Every hotel on the Cape has the "Beach Charm". I think some people may be thrown off by this when they pay $300+ a night, but after 30 years of vacationing here, I'm used to it.
We stayed in a very large room (3 bedrooms, 1.5 bath, slept 8) that was clean and had a massive deck! We were told that the room had no view- not true. It is impossible not to get a view on theis resort. Our deck still had a beautiful view of the ocean.
For those who need to be connected, there is free wi-fi everywhere on site.
The children's programs were wonderful: movies, balloon making, magic tricks, pool games, arts & crafts, beach sports. I didn't send my children for the whole day- we just "dropped in" to several of the activities. The GM was walking around all week informing everyone of all of the programs going on. Again, so friendly & helpful.
The indoor pool is great as it has two floors for sitting so you never have to worry about a seat. They also allow beverages in the pool area which is a plus. I liked that there was excercise equipment in the pool area. Work out, while you watch the kids swim.
Our only gripe was that both the indoor & out door pools (outdoor is zero entry kiddy pool and an addtional pool) were both dirty. This may be due to their just opening. The indoor pool was slimy and the out door pools had debris in them. Gross.
The best part of our stay BY FAR was the breakfast! WOW! Your choice of a buffet- a REAL buffet with fresh pastries, a fresh fruit bowl with melons, berries, pineapples, etc., pancakes, meats, eggs, potatoes, and cereals. OR you can order from their wonderful menu. We had eggs benedict-unbelievable! Food was outstanding. A plus was the waitress opening the bar to make us special mimosas. I was weary of eating at an onsite restaurant, but would definitely try the dinner there in the future.
Our trip included a spa package, but we never got to use it because it seemed the spa was NEVER open.
I also want to note that there were kids everywhere and we went to bed relatively early and still got a great night sleep. The rooms are VERY well soundproofed!
Overall we got a GREAT package because of school vacation-worth every dime & more, however I am still on the fence if I would pay full price in the heat of the summer. It IS right on the beach and the staff is wonderful, food great. But I still am not convinced that I would payy 400 a night to stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 150 guest rooms and 14 three or four-bedroom villas, the Red Jacket Beach Resort enjoys a fabulous location on 1,000 feet of private sandy beach on the warm waters of Nantucket Sound. Recently updated guest rooms are equipped with two queen beds or a king along with porch deck with most offering spectacular views of the ocean. The resort features large indoor and outdoor heated pools, as well as a zero-entry children's pool and Jacuzzi spa. The Kids' Klub, a supervised children's program is offered during summer season along with a full complement of family activities, including hermit crab races, kite making, sand sculpting contests, swim instruction, Wii tournaments, bonfire nights, fun clowns, magic and pirate adventure weeks, and musical entertainment throughout the summer season on a complimentary basis to resort guests. In addition, the Red Jacket offers on-site fishing, tennis, beach volleyball, and shuffleboard, with docking facilities available for small boats on Parker's River, which borders the resort. Parasailing, jetskis, and kayaking are available during summer season. Two dozen championship golf courses are situated within a half hour's drive, including our own Blue Rock course, located four miles from the resort. The Red Jacket's dining room serves signature New England cuisine. Guests can pamper themselves in the resort's full service spa. The Red Jacket Beach is also the perfect setting for corporate retreats, reunions, and tour groups, as well as for weddings and special celebrations, and boasts 6,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space. Open from early April until late October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Jacket Beach Hotel South Yarmouth
- Red Jacket Beach Resort And Spa
- Hotel Red Jacket Beach
- Red Jacket Beach Resort & Spa Cape Cod/South Yarmouth, MA