“Would be ok if it had AC...” 3 of 5 stars

Village Green Motel
37 Seaside Village Road, P.O. Box 39, South Yarmouth, MA 02664   |
Ranked #14 of 22 hotels in South Yarmouth
hudson, ma
“Would be ok if it had AC...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

Great location for beach lovers, but way too hot and stuffy on the second floor under the roof, even with the fans that were provided. Otherwise - an average rather outdated motel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
villagegreen, Owner at Village Green Motel, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for your review. Usually the ocean breeze and fans suffice for most of our guests. We have updated the motel on a regular basis. .

42 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Rutland, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

This is our 2nd stay at the village green. We had a suite with a queen bed and 2 love seats which pull out to twin beds. My son said the pull out was comfortable. However, my bed was as hard as sleeping on the floor. Some people prefer this firmness, but I am not one of them!! The rooms overall were clean, just a few spots that were overlooked. The wall behind the nightstand had an impressives amount of dust clinging to it. The blind in the bathroom was filthy. Supposed to be housekeeping every day but I only saw them in our room the 2nd day. The other days I got my own towels and took out the trash. There is a large inground pool which always had screaming kids in it. No A/C, but there were fans, which were adequate because there is always a breeze off the ocean.

Anywhere you go there are pluses and minuses. The woman who runs the place is so pleasant and charming. And it is right on the beach. Just depends if you are willing to overlook some other things.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for writng a review. We do offer housekeeping every day. If the Do Not Disturb sign is on the door or if it is past the time the housekeepers are working, then the guests do ask for their towels and put the trash outside the door. We are sorry they missed your first day.
East Longmeadow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

This is our third year returning to the VGreen. This yr. was 1st without our grandaughter. We found our room to be very pleasant. Seems to have been newly painted. This is a very warm, family oriented motel and hope it remains that way. We will be back next yr. with our grandaughter (who loves your blueberry bread!)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us. The blueberry bread will be ready for your granddaughter when you visit us again this summer.
Wilbraham, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2011

Our family booked this hotel as many of our friends recommended it. We went for a weekend (actually prior to June 2010, earliest dropdown date available) and the room was both filthy and smelled overpoweringly of mold. Furnishings were old and dirty looking. My spouse has asthma so as soon as we walked in we went to the desk and had to fight for a credit (we had of course paid in the office before going to the room) to be issued. It was a holiday weekend and we were lucky to find a clean and friendly option on Rt. 28 not far away so we left in a hurry. We often rent a house not far from here in the summer and VG always seems packed-no matter how close something is to the beach, and even if you only have to sleep there, it still has to be clean and mold free, IMHO. Stay away. There are several other good options of varying prices in the same area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for wring the review. We take pride in our rooms being clean. We are not fancy but offer a comfotable, relaxing and affordable visit at The Village Green. Having the beach across the street, a large pool and picnic benches and grills in the courtyard makes it ideal for most of our guests. The Continental Breakfast is free and appreciated by our guests. We are sorry you were not comfortable when you visited us.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

I stayed here for 1 night and was so shocked how horrible this stay would be was greeted somewhat nice but this place is very very old . Lots of junk all over the place and also very old rooms beds are terrible furniture I have seen better on the side of the road on trash day . Breakfast is very limited a slab of blueberry and small cups of coffee well not worth the stay here . This place should be condemed and rebuilt as the location is nice with the beach in walking distance . Do yourself a favor do not waste your vacation here like I did .

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are sorry you were not comfortable at the motel. We offer a clean, comfortable, homey atmosphere at the motel but it does not appeal to everyone. The Continental Breakfast is free. Most of our guest appreciate being able to get coffee, juice and homemade breads in the morning.
Saratoga Springs. NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010 via mobile

Me, my husband, and our 2 young children booked a room at the Ocean Mist across the street to celebrate our wedding anniversary on the cape. It also happened to be labor day weekend and we were set to arrive the same day as hurricane Earl. I called the night before we left to be sure all was well and inquire about an early check-in, and was reassured all was well. When I arrived after a 5 hour drive I was told the hotel was closed due to the storm. The front desk clerk was rude and completely unwilling to help us at all... She just told us to call travelocity. When I did I was told I would be refunded within 10 days. We ended up at the village green distraught, disgruntled, and crestfallen. They, thankfully had remained open and when I explained that my refund would take a few days to post to my credit card the owner very graciously took my info and said she wouldn't charge my card until next week just to be sure the money from the other hotel would be there to cover our stay. People like this are so seldom found anymore. My husband and I were both struck by the generosity shown to us especially after struggling with the ocean mist, travelocity, and my credit card company.... Thank you so much again... The location is perfect!!!

• Stayed September 2010
Your are welcome. We were happy we were able help make your vacation enjoyable.
Glenville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2010

We have now been to the Village Green twice (the first time was last November) this last time my husband and I met friends of ours there for my birthday. Our friends have been staying at the Village Green for 14 years now and last year they got us hooked. The owners and staff are all very wonderful and considerate. Yes the rooms are basic, but you are right across from the beach and the off season prices are impossible to beat. We always feel more relaxed the moment we drive onto the cape, and know the minute we pull in the Village Green we will be greated with warmth and kindness. They will help you pick out a restaurant or a local attraction and anything else you may need. We intend to make it our weekend getaway for years to come.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Village Green Motel? Share your experiences!