“Outstanding Quality & Service for the Price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ambassador Inn and Suites

You added Ambassador Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Ambassador Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1314 Main St., Route # 28, South Yarmouth, MA 02664 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Farmington, CT.
“Outstanding Quality & Service for the Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2009

My regular hotel in South Yarmouth was under reconditioning so I was looking for a nice , clean hotel in the same area with a hot tub and pool for my sore back. I stopped in to inquire at the Ambassador Inn & Suites. The manager was VERY cordial and even dropped his "normal" price down because I am retired. The hotel had nice, clean rooms, a wonderfully quiet environment, a very good continential breakfast and free internet in the lobby. It was a great bargin and I would go back in a heartbeat !!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2009

I had booked this motel through an online service, and after reading several revolting reviews about the staff and services at this place, I had to cancel one month and a half ahead of our stay. I was worried when I saw a picture of a lady who had stayed there and came out of the motel with a large swollen Eye lid (Please read reviews before booking!). Well the online service called the hotel to cancel my booking and the manager decided to give me back a refund minus the price of a one night stay.(remember that this is over a month before the stay). What happened to me and with the past reviews of this place, leaves me with only one thing to say "Let the buyer beware!"

Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2009

Staff was very rude, and really didn't care about the guest. It was like they were doing me a favor each time I talked to them.....Would NEVER stay at the mud hole again!!!!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2009

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a laid back, fun vacation at a good value. I recently stayed at this hotel with a large group of friends and family and had a wonderful time. The hotel staff was very accommodating, understanding and nice. The indoor pool area was clean as was the rest of the hotel. The breakfast area was perfect for our group and the food was good. Although the hotel does offer smoking rooms, as a non-smoker I didn't even notice. The halls and other rooms did not smell of smoke which was nice. I will definitely consider staying at the Ambassador Inn on my next trip to the Cape!

• Stayed February 2009
Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2009

I am reading some good reviews here and I can not believe it! I am an easy to please person but this place is an ARMPIT...I got this through hotwire as I was taking my 18 year old daughter and a friend to the Cape. Hotwire advertised this as 2 and half stars so I figured okay, it can be bad. Then the website for Ambassador Inn makes this place look awesome, like a place you would want to HONEYMOON????Are you kidding me??? We got there and first of all the man at the desk with a thick Indian Accent began interogating me, like HOW MANY IN YOUR PARTY, IF YOU NEED A COT AN EXTRA $25 dollars, etc. Not friendly, like Helllo welcome or anything like that.
I got the room key and we drove to the area of our room entrance and parked. Okay this place looked seedy enough on the outside, now we parked our car next to a cemetary to enter the hotel. Gross....then we get into our room and our jaws just dropped! The room is tiny and gross, let me explain gross to you. First the bed linens were awful, blue coverlet thin and old looking and the chair you could see where the screw goes in the chair to attached the cloth blue back rest to the frame of the cheap wood chair. then with all the ligths on the room still seemed dark and dingy so we opened the curtain and there was the cemetary in all its Majestic gloomy glory....UGGGH...How depressing...So we tried to look for something positive, the rugs, well they were stained, the walls well they had stucco all over them, circa 1960 done with a trowel in smears all over and in white so it looked dirty and dingy off white and discolored. Then in the small aisle of the area by the beds was a dorm size cheezy white refrigerator, which was a $40 job at best and it was so nasty and cheap looking.....the bathroom, oh my gosh, this was probably the worst. You could not close the door unless you got all the way in and pretty much touched the wall so you could close the door. Fat people beware you will not be able to fit in this bathroom, even with the door open! I kid you not! The fixtures and ceiling were never remodeled this place make motel 6 look like Trump towers. I was not going to stay here, no way shape or form! I called Hotwire and said " are you guys serious?" I told them what I was looking at and they understood right away and got me the heck out of here. I drove another hour even though I was tired because I would not stay in a disgusting place like this. Lumpy bed, cheap linens, view of cemetary, dark dingy room, stained carpets, tiny old disgusting bathroom, and a front desk clerk who acted like he had a great hotel. I still am in shocked by all the false advertising for this place. Look at their website the place looks NOTHING like that....!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!! or you will be disappointed, unless you are from a third world country then this may be special to you...

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
Enfield, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2008

The hotel is very nice, staff was very friendly and accomodating. One of the things that appealed to me was the gas card, which when we arrived, they did not have any of, but took it off the bill which was just as good. The pool and hot tub were nice (kids loved the pool). Although the rooms look like a motel 6 and the bathroom was very tiny....the bed was extremely comfortable and the free wifi and pet friendliness was a plus. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2008

If you like malfunctioning toilets, taciturn desk clerks, the motel manager’s child throwing tantrums in the halls, and being treated like a sucker, this is the motel for you. My 83-year-old father (who enjoyed this place when it was a Quality Inn) was given a second-floor room, even though he’s less than spry and there’s no elevator. Turned out the room had NO WINDOWS and -- because the air conditioner had probably been off since the last sap stayed in the room – was hot and malodorous. My father protested and was grudgingly given a first-floor room. After two nights, we decided not to stay for a third. The desk clerk refused a refund for the third night since we were cancelling without 24 hours notice. Fair enough. But in what turned out to be a baldfaced lie, the clerk said our rooms would likely be resold – after all, it was a holiday weekend, and only eight vacant rooms were left – and then we would get a refund. I caught them in the lie by calling that afternoon and asking how many rooms were still available. I was told “no rooms are left” --- until I explained that I was calling about the refund. Talk to the manager, I was told. Of course, the manager won’t return calls from irate customers. Fortunately, my dad's credit card company was sympathetic; VISA cancelled the charge for the third night.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Ambassador Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!