“DISGUSTING!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ambassador Inn and Suites

You added Ambassador Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Ambassador Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1314 Main St., Route # 28, South Yarmouth, MA 02664 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Dennis Port, Massachusetts
“DISGUSTING!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

So, my boyfriend and I decided to spend a night out together and we came across the Ambassador Inn. BIG MISTAKE. We asked to be moved TWICE.

First Room: Went to turn the water on in the shower and the mat on the floor of the bath floated up and revealed a whole bunch of mold! The room didn't seem like it was fully cleaned as it is.. dirty rug, dust everywhere.

Second Room: The second room had the SAME mold on the bottom of the bath tub and there was no mat so it CLEARLY hadn't been cleaned right. There was a hair clip on the floor in PLAIN SIGHT next to the bed. The trash barrels had no trash bags in them and were dirty and stained.

Third (Final) Room: Found some kind of a pill package with pills in it in PLAIN SIGHT next to the bed. By then we were convinced that this was some sort of crack house. The picture you see below was the hole in the wall next to the bath tub. We settled because by then it was 3AM and we just wanted to go to sleep.

I will say that the night Security was very nice. He did everything he could to help us out. Although, we did wake up later than we had planned because we were up all night switching from one disgusting room to another. We didn't have the time to go to the front desk and explain nto them what had happened. Our stay was on Friday 03/28 and today is Sunday 03/30. I provided them with my cell phone number upon check in. I have recieved not one phone call about my horrible stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Providence, RI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Picked the hotel in a rush, what I wanted was a quick overnight getaway where I could be by the water.

Pets- What I got was a reasonably priced room but, upon arrival they advertised that they were pet friendly and when I arrived they charged me a $25 pet deposit. It says in the hotel room booklet $15. I would've picked another hotel if I had known.

Bathroom- had lots of aesthetics issues such as missing pieces to base boards gaps to the wall and the shower head connector to the wall was missing. There was an awful stain on the shower curtain which looked like either dried blood or some kind of bodily fluid.

Sleep- The room was very close to a side door. HOWEVER, at about 3am we were hearing loud sound equivalent to someone dropping a couch above us or moving some kind of furniture if I were by myself I would have been scared. It happened several times during the night that jerked us out of our sleep during the hours of 3am-5am. We didn't know if there was a slamming door or some kids that were roaming the hallways. Too tired to complain.

Staff- First thing in the morning I called the front desk, I just waled to walk on the beach. The staff who answered claimed she didn't know where the beach was in relation to the hotel DUH?????!!!!!! No help at the front desk.

By the way Orbitz asked me to write a review and I did it but, it is not being posted. Not much has been posted on there since 2010. What a waste of time, highly irritated.

Room Tip: Rm 131 very loud noises in the middle of the night. Possibly because it near the door, not sure.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

There were 7 guys and dog...staying at this pet friendly hotel...we used the outside water spigot to flush out our boat motor each day and the electric outlet in the hallway to plug in the heater at night to keep it from freezing. The rooms were fine and they opened the breakfast room for us early each day. Rooms were cleaned each day....staff was great and accommodating....for the money we got what we expected...perfect for hunters looking to just crash in the evenings. If your looking for a 3 star or better...not here...but if your looking for clean sheets and a hot shower this is the place.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

On my visit to the Cape for 12-6 - 12-8, I stayed at Ambassador Inn and Suites. I will never stay here again, as I entered the building strange man sat at computer all day and night and was not security, the odor as you entered the building each day was so bad they had to leave front door propped open for fresh air. Rooms are old, the appearance was Not inviting. I went to vending machine for a Gatorade for my 2 yr old son only to find crackheads using a room on the back side, smoking cigarets in the building, walking in and out, to me totally unsafe, breakfast nothing to write home about. Any door around your room that close you can hear it in your room horrible.
Stay here ONLY IF YOU MUST AND THERE ARE NO OTHER OPTIONS AND I DO MEAN NO OTHER OPTIONS.... Consider the Hyannis Travel Inn very great place with great service, great location, great service.

Room Tip: Please choose something else, stay here only as a Last Resort, nothing about this hotel to me person...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Older inn, 2 floors, no elevator, just so you know. Some updates to inn. Good mattress which is important to me. Bathroom is very small. Indoor and outdoor pool and hot tub. Breakfast is very basic, only protein is a hard boiled egg. Beware of a sign at front desk that you will be charged an added fee for the safe in room, whether you use it or not. Would probably stay here again. Pluses outweigh negatives.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We spent three nights at Ambassador Inn in South Yarmouth, MA last week, part of a tour group. The building is very pretty on the outside and nice inside as well. Our room was on the second floor and there are no elevators if that is important to you. Service was friendly; a nice indoor pool too. Apparently Diamond Tours paid a low price for our morning buffet, and it was not so good. We did not have hot food at all but another tour group did have sausage and eggs, so I am blaming Diamond Tours and our local travel agent for that. However, we got low end strawberry yogurt every morning, blueberry muffins in a wrapper, apples...no bananas, cold cereal, the waffle machine, and coffee and tea. Not so appetizing. We also had two double beds in our room, and the mattress was much too firm; slept poorly each night. There was a refrigerator in our room and coffee maker, but after I used the regular coffee pack the first day, it was never replaced so we had no coffee the remaining three days. The Ambassador is located near a breakfast restaurant and donut shop, and a liquor store across the street.

Room Tip: If you have trouble walking, ask for a room on the first floor and near the lobby..the hallways are...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Apple Valley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

OK this is not a great hotel, but the price is right. Beds are good, rooms are clean, location is good. Good spot to base out of or just spend a couple of nights. The Breakfast however is so bad don't bother with it. The coffee isn't even drinkable. There really is no selection. Bad package wrapped muffins. No fruit, boiled eggs, and you can toast a bagel. But only if you want grape jelly. Service at the front desk is not the best either. On most occasions you will have to ring a bell to get someone to come. I had a coffee maker with no pot in the room. So take it for what it is. A clean lower mid-range hotel at a good price. We paid 89.00 for the night. They do have a Sauna that my husband enjoyed, however you have to go down and heat it up yourself, don't expect it to be ready. Still it is there on site and does the job.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ambassador Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!