“Can't believe this place gets good revews” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ambassador Inn and Suites

You added Ambassador Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Ambassador Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1314 Main St., Route # 28, South Yarmouth, MA 02664 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Can't believe this place gets good revews”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

My husband and I were originally planning to stay for 3 nights at the Ambassador Inn but called home for an emergency. Was thrilled to leave this hotel. Customer service is lacking as the only time we were acknowledged is when we checked in. Pool seemed to be the only thing decent going for this place. We had a "suite" . The suite consisted of the main room with a TV that barely came in. The other room was basically a closet with a bed and a TV. The bathroom was the smallest thing I have ever seen. Breakfast was laughable---some cereal and packaged muffins. Floors squeaky every time you walked and there was an odor in the room as well at the hotel. Told clerk we had to check out due to an emergency. Told me we had a non-refundable room which I knew. He said he would talk to manager about getting some of our money back. I am not holding my breath. When we came back after exploring the Cape one morning it was 12:30 p.m. and the room still wasn't made up. There was hardly anyone in the hotel. I checked the rates in the summer and the suite goes for $200.00 a night. No way I would ever pay this. Also, in room drawers were broken so you couldn't put your things away.

Room Tip: wouldn't stay in any of these rooms
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Farmington, CT.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have been going to Cape Cod for many years - often in the off-season. The Ambassador Inn & Suite has clean, relatively inexpensive rooms with a wonderful Indoor pool and a hot tub. They have a wonderful continental breakfast also. I just stayed there in early Oct. for 5 days - only $69 per night. I truly believe it is a GREAT VALUE and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to stay - centrally located in South Yarmouth !!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Plymouth, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We've stayed at the Ambassador many times over the years, under various owners. It's basic, but, the furniture is new, we find it clean (I like how they wash the bed spreads), like the sauna, pool and hot tub, good sized fridge, bathroom though is a little tight. Our TV was a flat screen, though I don't think all rooms have them yet, but, the picture quality was so so. Free WiFi worked well, though is not a secure connection (I'd rather have to find out the password then go unsecured). This prevented me from doing X things I needed to do.

It's location is great as we have all sorts of things (restaurants, convenient store, liquor store, etc.) within walking distance which is why we choose the Ambassador over other similar priced places.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Louisa, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed here with our group of people on a bus tour. I don't know how this compares to other hotels but if I was traveling on my own I would consider this hotel. It appeared that a lot of the hotels on Cape Cod are older. Our room was clean and I got a good nights sleep. My only complaint is, the bathroom vanity area is very small making it more difficult to get ready when sharing the room with another person.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

The room was clean and had a decent size. However, the refrigerator in the room was working so loudly, woke me up 5 times before I unplugged it which takes 15 minutes. You can easily hear people talking in the other rooms, closing their doors and even walking. There was no extra blanket in the room. They were so cheap about breakfast, even they couldn't purchase real orange juice e.g. Florida. The lady in the front desk was unnecessarily angry. Considering all these things, it was highly overpriced, you can find a better place with this rate.

• Stayed October 2012
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stayed over labor day weekend. The room was clean, the hotel was well maintained, and in general seemed to be well managed. Free continental breakfast included waffles, cereals, coffee, juice, etc was a nice extra. Restaurant within walking distance. It was fine for the $$ -- would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Middletown, CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

When my husband and I first walked into our room, we both gasped and were overwhelmed by a terrible odor. We were running late and needed to change in our room quickly. We only spent a couple minutes in the room, but the odor remained overpowering. The room smelled like sewage! The bathroom sink had toothpaste stains, the bathtub was stained with a black ring and the toilet was not flushed...if you know what I mean?! We gathered all of our belongings and headed out the door. We called the front desk from the car and asked if they could move us to another room because the odor was so foul. The woman who answered the phone was incredibly rude and couldn't understand what I was saying. When I told her that we wanted to change the room due to the smell, she replied, "Well, no one else is complaining." Seriously! I told her to go down and smell it herself and requested again, to change rooms. She then said, "We are completely booked, as you can see, we are a popular hotel. We don't have another room available." She offered no apology or offer to check the room. That's when I lost it. She finally admitted that they had one king-size room available, but it had no windows. (If you read the other reviews, you will hear about the room with no windows). We told her to hold it for us, just in case. We then tried to find another hotel in the area, but everything was booked up. Also, because there were other wedding guests staying there, my friend arranged for a shuttle to bring us to the reception. When we checked back at the desk to inquire about the shuttle, the same woman said that she didn't know anything about it. (Later we found out that there WAS a shuttle?!!) Argh! After the ceremony, we ran back to the hotel to check out the room with no windows. We went from sewage to mildew. But, unfortunately, we were stuck. We checked the bed and the bathroom and the room seemed to be recently cleaned. Thankfully, we were spending only one night. Early the next morning (5:30-6:00), we heard slamming doors and loud voices outside the room with no windows. I heard someone approaching our room and then I heard the same woman's voice, say "No! someone is in there". The couple, who I assume were the proprietors, argued outside our door. I couldn't understand what they were saying, but I got the sense that the man was not happy that we were in there. This was a very disappointing and poorly run facility, with sub-par customer service.

Room Tip: Stay away from the room with no windows and the rooms that allow dogs.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ambassador Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!