“Average Hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ambassador Inn and Suites

You added Ambassador Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Ambassador Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1314 Main St., Route # 28, South Yarmouth, MA 02664 (Formerly Quality Inn)   |
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Louisa, Kentucky
“Average Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed here with our group of people on a bus tour. I don't know how this compares to other hotels but if I was traveling on my own I would consider this hotel. It appeared that a lot of the hotels on Cape Cod are older. Our room was clean and I got a good nights sleep. My only complaint is, the bathroom vanity area is very small making it more difficult to get ready when sharing the room with another person.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

The room was clean and had a decent size. However, the refrigerator in the room was working so loudly, woke me up 5 times before I unplugged it which takes 15 minutes. You can easily hear people talking in the other rooms, closing their doors and even walking. There was no extra blanket in the room. They were so cheap about breakfast, even they couldn't purchase real orange juice e.g. Florida. The lady in the front desk was unnecessarily angry. Considering all these things, it was highly overpriced, you can find a better place with this rate.

• Stayed October 2012
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Stayed over labor day weekend. The room was clean, the hotel was well maintained, and in general seemed to be well managed. Free continental breakfast included waffles, cereals, coffee, juice, etc was a nice extra. Restaurant within walking distance. It was fine for the $$ -- would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Middletown, CT
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

When my husband and I first walked into our room, we both gasped and were overwhelmed by a terrible odor. We were running late and needed to change in our room quickly. We only spent a couple minutes in the room, but the odor remained overpowering. The room smelled like sewage! The bathroom sink had toothpaste stains, the bathtub was stained with a black ring and the toilet was not flushed...if you know what I mean?! We gathered all of our belongings and headed out the door. We called the front desk from the car and asked if they could move us to another room because the odor was so foul. The woman who answered the phone was incredibly rude and couldn't understand what I was saying. When I told her that we wanted to change the room due to the smell, she replied, "Well, no one else is complaining." Seriously! I told her to go down and smell it herself and requested again, to change rooms. She then said, "We are completely booked, as you can see, we are a popular hotel. We don't have another room available." She offered no apology or offer to check the room. That's when I lost it. She finally admitted that they had one king-size room available, but it had no windows. (If you read the other reviews, you will hear about the room with no windows). We told her to hold it for us, just in case. We then tried to find another hotel in the area, but everything was booked up. Also, because there were other wedding guests staying there, my friend arranged for a shuttle to bring us to the reception. When we checked back at the desk to inquire about the shuttle, the same woman said that she didn't know anything about it. (Later we found out that there WAS a shuttle?!!) Argh! After the ceremony, we ran back to the hotel to check out the room with no windows. We went from sewage to mildew. But, unfortunately, we were stuck. We checked the bed and the bathroom and the room seemed to be recently cleaned. Thankfully, we were spending only one night. Early the next morning (5:30-6:00), we heard slamming doors and loud voices outside the room with no windows. I heard someone approaching our room and then I heard the same woman's voice, say "No! someone is in there". The couple, who I assume were the proprietors, argued outside our door. I couldn't understand what they were saying, but I got the sense that the man was not happy that we were in there. This was a very disappointing and poorly run facility, with sub-par customer service.

Room Tip: Stay away from the room with no windows and the rooms that allow dogs.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Arrived late on Friday night and got up for an early Nantucket ferry. Came back on late Nantucket ferry and checked out first thing next morning. It seems like an older hotel that has been refurbished a bit. Carpets, bedding, etc were newer. Wood furniture was new. Walls had old wallpaper and bathroom was old and tiny. Seemed clean. Room had an antiseptic smell. My room had a window that looked out onto hallway, which made it a little odd. Chose the hotel for the price and last-minute availability. If I do the same itinerary again, I'll try somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Rome, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Stayed two nights recently, and mostly agree with TSal1: you get what you pay for. Our stay was fine; we've stayed there before and had no surprises this time (maybe because we're not 'high maintenance'). Management was friendly, room cleaned ok, bathroom good size, air conditioner noisy (we decided to ignore the noise rather than ask to switch rooms), no great TV service-but you should be at the beach anyway. Breakfast was adequate for the price, if it's not crowded, as ours was so we went elsewhere. Indoor pool got a lot of use and kids liked to use it; outdoor pool was used too, and people seemed to be okay with all that.

Room Tip: Perhaps rooms on the south side are quieter, but frankly we did no have any problem with outside noi...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

I recently stayed at this property for a vacation in cape it had nice and clean modern rooms with good decent breakfast. The most important thing was its customer service I checked in late night during a heavy rain storm and I was greeted by its owner who was friendly and professional so as the other staff . I will recommend this property to everyone while visiting Hyannis area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ambassador Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!