When my husband and I first walked into our room, we both gasped and were overwhelmed by a terrible odor. We were running late and needed to change in our room quickly. We only spent a couple minutes in the room, but the odor remained overpowering. The room smelled like sewage! The bathroom sink had toothpaste stains, the bathtub was stained with a black ring and the toilet was not flushed...if you know what I mean?! We gathered all of our belongings and headed out the door. We called the front desk from the car and asked if they could move us to another room because the odor was so foul. The woman who answered the phone was incredibly rude and couldn't understand what I was saying. When I told her that we wanted to change the room due to the smell, she replied, "Well, no one else is complaining." Seriously! I told her to go down and smell it herself and requested again, to change rooms. She then said, "We are completely booked, as you can see, we are a popular hotel. We don't have another room available." She offered no apology or offer to check the room. That's when I lost it. She finally admitted that they had one king-size room available, but it had no windows. (If you read the other reviews, you will hear about the room with no windows). We told her to hold it for us, just in case. We then tried to find another hotel in the area, but everything was booked up. Also, because there were other wedding guests staying there, my friend arranged for a shuttle to bring us to the reception. When we checked back at the desk to inquire about the shuttle, the same woman said that she didn't know anything about it. (Later we found out that there WAS a shuttle?!!) Argh! After the ceremony, we ran back to the hotel to check out the room with no windows. We went from sewage to mildew. But, unfortunately, we were stuck. We checked the bed and the bathroom and the room seemed to be recently cleaned. Thankfully, we were spending only one night. Early the next morning (5:30-6:00), we heard slamming doors and loud voices outside the room with no windows. I heard someone approaching our room and then I heard the same woman's voice, say "No! someone is in there". The couple, who I assume were the proprietors, argued outside our door. I couldn't understand what they were saying, but I got the sense that the man was not happy that we were in there. This was a very disappointing and poorly run facility, with sub-par customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This AAA approved & very conveniently located near the airport in South Yarmouth, Ambassador Inn & Suites is close to West Dennis Beach, Bass River Lighthouse, and Pirate's Cove Mini Golf. Also nearby is Seagull Beach. Ambassador Inn & Suites has an indoor pool, a spa tub, a sauna, and a seasonal outdoor pool. Complimentary wireless and wired high-speed Internet access is available in public areas. Business amenities at this 3.0-star property include a 24-hour business center, small meeting rooms, and business services. Guests are served a Deluxe complimentary breakfast each morning. Guest parking is complimentary. Event space measures 800 square feet. Additional amenities include an arcade/game room, multilingual staff, and coffee in the lobby. Guestrooms. Ambassador Inn & Suites has 85 guestrooms. 27-inch televisions are equipped with premium satellite channels, free movie channels, and DVD players. Guestrooms provide complimentary wireless Internet access, direct-dial phones, complimentary weekday newspapers, and free local calls. Beds have down comforters. Guestrooms feature refrigerators and coffee/tea makers. Bathrooms offer hair dryers and complimentary toiletries. Additional amenities include climate control, air conditioning, and desks. In addition, amenities available on request include extra towels/bedding and wake-up calls. Housekeeping is offered. Rollaway beds are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ambassador Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador Hotel South Yarmouth
- Ambassador Inn And Suites Cape Cod/South Yarmouth, MA