“Old and tired” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in South Yarmouth
L'Assomption, Canada
“Old and tired”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I`m giving this hotel a 3 star rating because of the amount of noise you can here from other rooms. We barely slept, due to the fact that the walls and ceiling are paper thin. You can hear very clearly conversations on either side of us and upstairs. This includes t.v.s and bodily functions. Our room was very clean and I appreciated the kitchenette.
The beach was full of sea weed but the grounds were kept very clean. The pool was crystal clear.
It`s not a place that I would go back to. Disappointing, not much to do there either.
By the way,the picture of the hotel is actually the back,the front looks like a run down factory,not very inviting. I actually thought I had the wrong place.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I will give this hotel 2 stars because it a perfect location right on the beach and the upgraded rooms are very nice with half kitchens, but the women who is the management or owner of this place will make your stay a living hell. My fiance and I visited our parents staying here last year when we were first approached by her screaming we could not visit hotel guests amenities were for paying guests only and we would be towed if we did not move our car. This year we booked our own room for the weekend (the penthouse mind you) and my parents booked their own room and we were treated the SAME way as the women who wrote the review above. Pounding on the door at 9pm accusing us of sneaking guests into the room and being disruptive when we were only enjoying dinner and some laughs on the patio. Ridiculous and unprofessional I will never give this place my business again!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hudson, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My boyfriend and I have been coming to this motel for 6 years now and we have had a great stay each time. The location, grounds and rooms are excellent as well as the front desk staff. I can't say the same for the owner of the property. She was exceedingly rude to my boyfriend when he was trying to help someone out, had a bad attitude not only with him but other guests on the property. It is for this reason he and I will NEVER stay there again. It's too bad because we both look forward to coming to that motel each summer. We will definitely find another place to stay but the Surf and Sand will not get anymore of our money.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Great views Upgraded rooms lobby and Common area are being refurnished All new furnishing.I Would recommend this motel highly Front desk staff Robert and Pat were very informative on places to see and restaurants to eat at

Room Tip: second floor balconies have the best views of the manicured grounds and ocean views
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Housatonic, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

It was a nice hotel right on the ocean. Very large room with kitchenette, microwave, coffee maker, stove top and small fridge. Very good price during off season making an ocean front room very affordable. Rooms were clean and location is excellent. My only complaint was no wifi so I could not use my tablet to read my morning paper.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Ft Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you want front ocean views, an efficiency apartment and friendly staff, definitely stay here. Every room overlooks the ocean. The scenery is like unspoiled old Cape Cod. Most of the rooms have been refurbished with new baths, new kitchenettes and new furnishings.
Muffins and coffee are served mornings in the common room. A two storied building with patios on the first floor and balconies on the second floor. The location allows for plenty of walking and biking by the beach and the Bass River. It has an outdoor pool on the ocean.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

The view is amazing, I wish I could have stayed longer. The rooms are clean and super cute! The beach is right outside your door. The lobby and the exterior of the hotel is not that appealing but it won't matter once you enter the updated room. We loved having a kitchen and it too, was updated with granite. Great price for the view!

Room Tip: Stop at a grocery store before going there because it's far and the main road is busy
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Surf and Sand Beach Motel? Share your experiences!