“Bring a pillow topper!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 22 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Maine
“Bring a pillow topper!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed in room 111, town house room, for three nights. This place is very family and pet friendly which is a HUGE plus if you are traveling with dogs. The rooms are basic, no extras here, and very budget friendly! I don’t even think there was shampoo. Many places on the Cape will not allow pets. The town house had plenty of room for our family of three, plus two pugs. The king size bed may have been harder than a slab of concrete! VERY FIRM bed!! I guess this would be great if you were a black sleeper! After night one, we went looking for an egg create to put on the bed but didn’t want to spend the $100 Job Lot was asking for them. The next two nights there I lined up pillows and slept on those which helped! I highly recommend bringing a bed topper if you like a softer bed! The place is in need of updating, so this is not for the person who is looking for a 5 star room! The pool and hot tub were clean and warm. The town house could have used better cleaning, after the cleaning lady left on day two there was four large daddy long legs in the shower and one on the TP roll, guess she missed these. The place had the smell of an old motor in, kind of musty and dusty. Unless the place is new, this is what you get on the Cape though due to the humidity! We bought some air fresheners while we were there! The AC unit was loud (I liked white noise so this was not a problem for us) and didn’t seem to cool the room down. Do no plan on sleeping in; there are blinds but no curtain on the windows so it is BRIGHT in there in the morning! The sky light didn’t even have a blind! Looking out the sky light you could see a grave yard maybe 15 feet away, this would be fun to tell ghost stories if you have older kids. The towels were very small and not soft at all, but they did dry you off. The location is great and within walking distance of many local attractions and great food! Staff was friendly and helpful. Great if you have pets and are on a budget! We would stay again, but bring a pillow topper for the bed!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 111, town house room, for three nights. Great end unit with small yard and picnic...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My family likes to come up each year during the Columbus Day weekend, before a lot of things close down for the year. This establishment is pet friendly and clean. It's a pretty basic set-up, don't look for many amenities. Although there is a pool & hot tub on the premises. It's within walking distance (or a 5 minute drive) to a bowling alley/arcade, mini-golf & batting cages, and Seafood Sam's.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Merrimack, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hotel owner was very nice and friendly. Rooms were clean. Very basic, but I didn't expect much more... I personally don't spend much time in hotel rooms, I just like a clean bed and courteous staff. Good location- easy to find and not far from the beach at all. No complaints whatsoever.... would absolutely recommend.

Room Tip: try to get a room with a parking spot directly in front
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hamilton Square, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My daughter and I needed a place to stay for our last night in Cape Cod in July and since it was just one night, I was trying to save a little money by staying at the Brentwood Motor Inn. (Althought it seems I paid $30 more than the previous reviewer did for his stay in July.) Okay, It probably isn't the worse place you could stay, but don't plan to spend more than one night here. After one night, I couldn't wait to get out of there. It's very old, run down, dark and dreary. The room wasn't too bad, but as my daughter said, "the bathroom was the scariest bathroom we'd ever seen." The towels looked to be about 20 years old, small, worn out, dingy. I felt like I needed to shower right after I stepped out of that shower. I have to agree with a previous reviewer, I have definitely put this on my "do not stay" list.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bristol, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Nothing like the pictures on the website. We had torn sheets on the bed, bugs in the room, holes in shades, dusty, worn carpets, dirty bathroom, no hair dryer or telephone. The website shows a beautiful pool but we never saw it. On the plus side, the owners were very pleasant but we were glad we were only there one night. This one you should put on your "do not stay" list.

Room Tip: Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Nashua, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

The location was about the only good thing, and the fact that they are dog friendly. Just be sure you tell them when you book the room that you'll be bringing a dog.

The room itself was just plain nasty. I didn't expect much for $99 a night, in July on the Cape but other than no bed bugs there's not much positive to say. The furnishings and bathroom were worn, dirty and old. The room had a disgusting odor of stale alcohol that only seemed to get worse when you turned on the AC. The carpet was gross and I actually felt bad making my dog sleep on the floor.
The towels in the bathroom looked and felt like they came from the dollar store. I ended up using one of our beach towels to wash my face because their washcloth felt like it was going to take the skin off with the dirt.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

If you are looking for a moderately-priced, budget-type accommodation on the mid-Cape, you could do worse. My wife and I stayed for 2 nights in this updated 1950s-style roadside accommodation for the 4th of July. I think the wide range of ratings for this place is due to the expectations or needs of the guests. We wanted a place that wouldn't break the bank, was clean, had wi-fi, and 2 comfortable beds; our needs were met.

Others may say that the beds were too firm, that the towels were thin, there was just a regular TV, not plasma, and that the view looked out on the parking lot. Still others might point out the in-room refrigerator, the good-sized indoor pool, or the eager-to-please but sometimes too-busy front-desk clerk. If you are with kids, this place is fine; if you are looking for a romantic get-away, keep looking.

A couple more specifics: the in-wall AC unit worked great, the shower had plenty of force, the water was very hot, the place was quiet, and a family breakfast with the grandchildren at the Pancake Man across the street was filling. One thing that is desperately needed is a room-darkening drape over the Venetian blinds on the second window, unless one wants to be awakened by intense sunlight at 4:48. Also surprisingly missing was shampoo for the shower. Yikes! No shampoo?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Brentwood Motor Inn? Share your experiences!