“Can't beat the price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 22 hotels in South Yarmouth
Merrimack, New Hampshire
“Can't beat the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Hotel owner was very nice and friendly. Rooms were clean. Very basic, but I didn't expect much more... I personally don't spend much time in hotel rooms, I just like a clean bed and courteous staff. Good location- easy to find and not far from the beach at all. No complaints whatsoever.... would absolutely recommend.

Room Tip: try to get a room with a parking spot directly in front
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

41 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Hamilton Square, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My daughter and I needed a place to stay for our last night in Cape Cod in July and since it was just one night, I was trying to save a little money by staying at the Brentwood Motor Inn. (Althought it seems I paid $30 more than the previous reviewer did for his stay in July.) Okay, It probably isn't the worse place you could stay, but don't plan to spend more than one night here. After one night, I couldn't wait to get out of there. It's very old, run down, dark and dreary. The room wasn't too bad, but as my daughter said, "the bathroom was the scariest bathroom we'd ever seen." The towels looked to be about 20 years old, small, worn out, dingy. I felt like I needed to shower right after I stepped out of that shower. I have to agree with a previous reviewer, I have definitely put this on my "do not stay" list.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bristol, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Nothing like the pictures on the website. We had torn sheets on the bed, bugs in the room, holes in shades, dusty, worn carpets, dirty bathroom, no hair dryer or telephone. The website shows a beautiful pool but we never saw it. On the plus side, the owners were very pleasant but we were glad we were only there one night. This one you should put on your "do not stay" list.

Room Tip: Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Nashua, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

The location was about the only good thing, and the fact that they are dog friendly. Just be sure you tell them when you book the room that you'll be bringing a dog.

The room itself was just plain nasty. I didn't expect much for $99 a night, in July on the Cape but other than no bed bugs there's not much positive to say. The furnishings and bathroom were worn, dirty and old. The room had a disgusting odor of stale alcohol that only seemed to get worse when you turned on the AC. The carpet was gross and I actually felt bad making my dog sleep on the floor.
The towels in the bathroom looked and felt like they came from the dollar store. I ended up using one of our beach towels to wash my face because their washcloth felt like it was going to take the skin off with the dirt.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

If you are looking for a moderately-priced, budget-type accommodation on the mid-Cape, you could do worse. My wife and I stayed for 2 nights in this updated 1950s-style roadside accommodation for the 4th of July. I think the wide range of ratings for this place is due to the expectations or needs of the guests. We wanted a place that wouldn't break the bank, was clean, had wi-fi, and 2 comfortable beds; our needs were met.

Others may say that the beds were too firm, that the towels were thin, there was just a regular TV, not plasma, and that the view looked out on the parking lot. Still others might point out the in-room refrigerator, the good-sized indoor pool, or the eager-to-please but sometimes too-busy front-desk clerk. If you are with kids, this place is fine; if you are looking for a romantic get-away, keep looking.

A couple more specifics: the in-wall AC unit worked great, the shower had plenty of force, the water was very hot, the place was quiet, and a family breakfast with the grandchildren at the Pancake Man across the street was filling. One thing that is desperately needed is a room-darkening drape over the Venetian blinds on the second window, unless one wants to be awakened by intense sunlight at 4:48. Also surprisingly missing was shampoo for the shower. Yikes! No shampoo?

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Pros:
Clean rooms, friendly staff, indoor pool, decent upkeep, wifi
Cons:
Uncomfortable bed, some of the town homes need renovating
Overall:
A solid three-stars. A great pick for a short stay, and if you are on a budget.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Colrain, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

My wife and I were not impressed with this hotel. When I checked in, the front desk clerk was on the telephone and walked out on me into another room for over 2 minutes. I was left standing there wondering if he would return, or if someone else was working there. He returned and gave me a registration card to fill in that he could've given me before he disappeared. The door casing on our room had a split in it at least 3 ft long where someone had previously broken into the room. The striker plate had been repaired, but not the casing. No additional bolting was added as a precaution. Updated recess lighting looked bad in the ceiling as there were gaps left. There was some sort of sensor was just hanging in from ceiling, and it wasn't the smoke detector. The wall paneling was held together with staples which were visible. The room has a small refrigerator and a good air-conditioner, but no microwave. It is a basic flop-house. There is no breakfast in the morning, but coffee is served at 7:30. I had to ask about this information as it was not voluntarily provided by the clerk. There is a large room with tables, etc., but this is apparently only for coffee. What a waste of space. And, as the title of the review stated... I have slept on softer dryers. In fact, my rack on board ship (sub) was twice as good, and that's saying something! Room was clean, and was pretty quiet. We'll look for another hotel on our next trip to the Cape, thank you.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Brentwood Motor Inn? Share your experiences!