“Great lodging on a budget!” 3 of 5 stars

Brentwood Motor Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   961 Main Street, Route 28, South Yarmouth, MA 02664   |
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in South Yarmouth
New York City, New York
“Great lodging on a budget!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

Pros:
Clean rooms, friendly staff, indoor pool, decent upkeep, wifi
Cons:
Uncomfortable bed, some of the town homes need renovating
Overall:
A solid three-stars. A great pick for a short stay, and if you are on a budget.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Colrain, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

My wife and I were not impressed with this hotel. When I checked in, the front desk clerk was on the telephone and walked out on me into another room for over 2 minutes. I was left standing there wondering if he would return, or if someone else was working there. He returned and gave me a registration card to fill in that he could've given me before he disappeared. The door casing on our room had a split in it at least 3 ft long where someone had previously broken into the room. The striker plate had been repaired, but not the casing. No additional bolting was added as a precaution. Updated recess lighting looked bad in the ceiling as there were gaps left. There was some sort of sensor was just hanging in from ceiling, and it wasn't the smoke detector. The wall paneling was held together with staples which were visible. The room has a small refrigerator and a good air-conditioner, but no microwave. It is a basic flop-house. There is no breakfast in the morning, but coffee is served at 7:30. I had to ask about this information as it was not voluntarily provided by the clerk. There is a large room with tables, etc., but this is apparently only for coffee. What a waste of space. And, as the title of the review stated... I have slept on softer dryers. In fact, my rack on board ship (sub) was twice as good, and that's saying something! Room was clean, and was pretty quiet. We'll look for another hotel on our next trip to the Cape, thank you.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Southington, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I gave this an Average rating because the place, mattress and linens were spotless and the staff was very nice. Our room had nicely-sized fridge, too. The location is convenient, too, unless you want to step out from your room onto the beach.

If you want to go to the Cape and need to stick to a budget, this is a viable choice - unless you're sensitive to mattresses. I couldn't sleep on the bed without "chemical" help and I had trouble walking on our second day. Had I been alone, I would have deployed my air bed, which accompanies me on driving trips because I can be sensitive to hard mattresses.

A couple of other caveats - the room smelled a bit musty on entry, until we put the AC on. Also, take your own towels because the ones provided, although blazingly white and spotless, are "beach towel" thin. Not very absorbent and scratchy. Like beach towels, only smaller.

Across the street is a great place for breakfast - the Pancake Man. Awesome, fantastic way to start the day. The location is fantastic - on Route 28, that main drag that runs along the south side of the Cape.

Would I stay here again? I might upgrade from the single motel room like i had this last time. A lot would depend on my budget.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

Awefull service. Checked into wrong room. Townhouse was filthy. Pulled out matress on pull out couch and there were no sheets or pillows. I called the office and they told me to come get the stuff and fix it myself. I should of slept in my car. Family that owns it is rude and offers no hospitality. Look for another place if you are considering it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
South Yarmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

I stayed in the Town Houses i liked them a lot because of the space and the second Story. The beds were excellent,clean,and comfortable. A lot of room and the bathroom was clean and very hot water. The Town Houses are very nice. I recommend if you rent a room at The Brentwood Motor Inn try the town houses. They are very clean. The manager is very nice and very courteous. Thank You.

Room Tip: Town Houses have sky lights.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

Very uncomfortable mattress. Hair left in tub and on the wall tiles in bathroom. Bathroom window had no screen. Ponytail rubber band left on the rug. Worst place I've stayed in yet.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
ChrisK508, Public Relations Manager at Brentwood Motor Inn, responded to this review, November 20, 2010
Hi We are sorry that your room was not in satisfactory condition and your stay was not pleasant with us. I am sure that our staff at the front desk could have fix these problems, if you had voiced your issues with them.

Chris
Public Relations
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

The townhouse of Brentwood Motor Inn was very confortable. It is on a noisy street, but very convenient. They do not provide breakfast, but the pancake man is just across street. Also mini golf, restaurant, CVS, stopshop are all walking distance. The inside pool was nice and clean, my kids like it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Mariner Motor Lodge
Mariner Motor Lodge
#7 of 20 in West Yarmouth
4.0 of 5 stars 336 reviews

Been to Brentwood Motor Inn? Share your experiences!