“Disgusting Filthy Mess!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 22 hotels in South Yarmouth
Woburn, Massachusetts
“Disgusting Filthy Mess!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

1 star is far too generous for this dump. The room was filthy and the stench was sickening. Linens were dirty, kitchen area was nasty, the bathroom floor was sticky and the furniture was out-dated and in poor condition. The bed had a large piece if metal protruding from the side, hidden under the bed skirt that I tripped over and came very close to cracking my head on the nightstand. Aside from hurting my knee, I landed on the disgusting filthy carpet. We had to lean our bodies up against the door to dead bolt it, and do the same to unbolt it. Thank God there wasn't a fire as that would have prevented a a speedy exit. Upon checkout we reported the problems to the "management" who seemed uninterested, and looked at me like I had three heads when I told her I wanted to file an accident report for my fall. We've registered complaints with the Board of Health, Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce and the Attorney General. My friend is also disputing the charge ($255.00 ... For one hellish night) with her credit card company.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
sam11549, Manager at Cape Shore Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Sorry for any inconvenience or dicomforft you had about your stay.we do make sure that the rooms are clean and uptp the highest standard before we rent it to you. The complaints you mentioned are not all true. When you checked in and stayed the whole time you had not complained of any discomfort but at the time of checkout you try to get refund which no hotel would give unless there was a major problem reported during your stay. we do apologize for any of our mistakes but we have all the rooms renovated and are beautifully decorated with granite finishes bathrooms and new beddings and newly furinished kitchentt area in the kitchenette rooms.we have had customers review about our cleanliness but when you have a premium room there is going to be a price you pay.the pictures you have posted do not describe the room you stayed in.

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel room was not as pictured and was supposedly "newly renovated"! It had a strong smell of MOLD. Towels were rough feeling and frayed! I pull down my bedding to find huge cigarette burns in the spread and blanket. To top if off there were ants crawling only pillow. Complaints to management were useless. I am reporting to the Board of Health and the Attorney General. I was totally disgusted and will NEVER stay there again. It was grossly overcharged at $255. They should have paid me!!!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
sam11549, Manager at Cape Shore Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Stayed one night at this hotel after a day on the beach! We found it to be easy to reach and close to the beach, and nearby attractions. The staff was very friendly and the room was clean with a renovated bathroom. We would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling in Cape Cod looking for a nice, clean place!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
sam11549, Manager at Cape Shore Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thank you for your stay.We appreciate that you took time to write a review.we are haapy that we made your stay comfortable and enjoyable.we have all the rooms recently renovated we will definitely welcome you back anytime.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Cape Shore Inn for one night and was pleasantly surprised. Traveling to the cape and staying overnight or for the week is a gamble because most of the hotels and inns are not well kept or updated for that matter. Cape Shore Inn is a little gem on the Cape. My first impression was wow. Very modern, spacious and well kept. They could've dusted a little better but that's my only complaint. The WIFI in the room was incredible which is rare for any room. Don't let the outside fool you with it's bland looks. If you are looking for a good place to rest your weary head this is the spot. One of my favorite places to stay. Keep up the good work Cape Shore inn.

Room Tip: Check to see if the room they put you in is renovated. I'm not sure how many rooms were renovate...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
sam11549, Manager at Cape Shore Inn, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for staying with us.We are happy to have you as our guest. We have all the rooms renovated and all the carpet ,air conditioning, newly renovated granite finished bathrooms.Thank you for your pleasant stay with us and welcome you back anytime.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

the cape shore inn is a family run motel.been here more than a few times. the husband and wife team with two young boys are beautiful people very personable and helpful liked my stay here so much in july. the rooms are clean great swimming pool and great picnic and barbeque area. exelent value will definetly be returning next summer.Thank you Dilip&Nipa. we will see you next summer.

• Stayed July 2014
sam11549, Manager at Cape Shore Inn, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. You have been our valuable guest and it was great to hear from you. We would welcome you back and look forward from your next trip. Wish you good wishes and a wonderful blessed day.
Concord, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I travel quite a bit for leisure and business and this was a very good surprise upon arriving. For the very cheap price I paid I wasn't expecting much I was just hoping that it would be livable. It surpassed my expectations! The room is clean with modern furnishing. It is by no means a four seasons, but if you just need a place to sleep it is perfect. I felt safe, clean, and well taken care of. My only complaint would be that breakfast was not available when I woke up for work, but I also did not say anything to the owner about this so I guess that's on me. Other than that, great hotel for the price.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
sam11549, Manager at Cape Shore Inn, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Thank you for your stay and taking time to write a review. glad you enjoyed your stay and welcome you back when you are visiting cape cod.
Middleborough, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My daughter and I were having a girl's weekend. The hotel was a good deal price wise, and good location, the photos online were attractive. We stayed in a double. Perhaps the king room is better? But I am very confused by the comments about the rooms being renovated. Ours could not have possibly been. Perhaps they had not gotten around to it as we asked for a second floor.True, the bathroom was clean and nice, but the toilet seat had a broken bolt, the soaps were wrapped but moist from a previous shower I suppose, we brought our own.. The cups however were not wrapped, neither in the bathroom nor for coffee on the fridge. We did not use them of course. The rest of the list is this: The smell in the room, I could not describe, not smoke, not musty, just not clean smelling. The coat rack is coming away from the wall. The fridge door was sticky, inside dirt, and there was spill stains on the bureau. The remote was also sticky we did not use the tv or the remote.We needed to use cleaning wipes on most surfaces. The outside door needed a shove to close. The left sided bed was poorly made , dust ruffle shoved under mattress, wrinkled sheets, and the mattress creaked! I thought they didn't make those kind of mattresses anymore. My daughter kept saying that the right side bed sheets felt sticky. The chair felt sticky and had paint drips, I assume from painting the ceiling. The worse part was that I use a cpap machine and when I went to plug it in behind the night stand, the dirt was truly thick and disgusting. We did not however see any bugs as others have said. Yes the owner was pleasant, and I believe she works hard as she was also the room keeper, but I would not recommend nor stay here again. We are not complainers and respect hard work. so we made the best of a bad situation, but I feel that the truth should be told in order to get this to be a top motel, as I am sure the owners are working hard to make it that way. Again, I advise you to see the room first and check out the things I mentioned.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
sam11549, Manager at Cape Shore Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Sorry for the inconvenience.We will try to keep up with your expectation and try to give you the best.We have recently renovated and all the carpet and the furnishings are new.We would be glad to show our rooms to the new customers.we would definitely keep your concerns in mind and try to work on it.

Been to Cape Shore Inn? Share your experiences!