My daughter and I were having a girl's weekend. The hotel was a good deal price wise, and good location, the photos online were attractive. We stayed in a double. Perhaps the king room is better? But I am very confused by the comments about the rooms being renovated. Ours could not have possibly been. Perhaps they had not gotten around to it as we asked for a second floor.True, the bathroom was clean and nice, but the toilet seat had a broken bolt, the soaps were wrapped but moist from a previous shower I suppose, we brought our own.. The cups however were not wrapped, neither in the bathroom nor for coffee on the fridge. We did not use them of course. The rest of the list is this: The smell in the room, I could not describe, not smoke, not musty, just not clean smelling. The coat rack is coming away from the wall. The fridge door was sticky, inside dirt, and there was spill stains on the bureau. The remote was also sticky we did not use the tv or the remote.We needed to use cleaning wipes on most surfaces. The outside door needed a shove to close. The left sided bed was poorly made , dust ruffle shoved under mattress, wrinkled sheets, and the mattress creaked! I thought they didn't make those kind of mattresses anymore. My daughter kept saying that the right side bed sheets felt sticky. The chair felt sticky and had paint drips, I assume from painting the ceiling. The worse part was that I use a cpap machine and when I went to plug it in behind the night stand, the dirt was truly thick and disgusting. We did not however see any bugs as others have said. Yes the owner was pleasant, and I believe she works hard as she was also the room keeper, but I would not recommend nor stay here again. We are not complainers and respect hard work. so we made the best of a bad situation, but I feel that the truth should be told in order to get this to be a top motel, as I am sure the owners are working hard to make it that way. Again, I advise you to see the room first and check out the things I mentioned.
- Also Known As:
- Red Mill Hotel South Yarmouth
- Red Mill Hotel
- Cape Shore Inn Cape Cod/South Yarmouth, MA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- RED MILL MOTEL is a family owned and operated 18 room motel with emphasis on service and satisfaction. Our motto is simple we want you to be our GUEST we will be an excellent HOST. Our location is in close proximity to all the activities on Mid-Cape will make your vacation a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Cape Shore Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.