“Best Place from the Winter Pick” 5 of 5 stars

Bass River Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   891 Main Street, Route 28, South Yarmouth, MA 02664   |
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Best Place from the Winter Pick”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Not a lot of places are open in the winter. Even fewer that seem any good. We were skeptical but are glad we choose to stay here. The price was the lowest. We booked through priceline through tripadvisor. The rooms were very clean and the staff was very caring. It is close by to everything that would be open in the summer and the parking lot is very big. You can park right in front of your room which can be very useful if you have a ton of luggage like us. There are two buildings and everything is on the ground floor so no stairs or carrying anything up them. The linens were white and clean and the beds had ample padding. Bathroom was decent. Carpet was new in our room(second to last. can't recall number) Heat worked superb but took a little while to come on. Probably cause we were towards the end on request which was great cause most places disregard that little request line on the reservation. Internet was also superb. Curious to know where the router was cause it felt like it was hidden under the bed for fast speeds.

Overall we all enjoyed the stay and recommend this little hotel for anyone looking for a clean, fair priced location on the Cape. Can only machine it is more active and better in the summer. From all the places that we found open in the middle of winter, the value here is hard to imagine better anywhere else. I will try to post some pics if I can figure out how to do so off my phone.

Room Tip: Its old but clean and well kept. Likeable!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The pros: location, clean, good heat, well lit, price, free Internet

The cons: bathoom small, rooms are old but clean

Stayed in a double room and both beds were well made and comfortable. Nice place. Clean but old styled. Wood paneling l and unicolor carpets. Could use a facelift but for the price can't complain.

• Stayed November 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

A traditional old motel with charm and a great location to get around Cape Cod. We went off season so it was quiet but there were still some good restaurants and pubs around on the "Old Main Street". It's a bit dated but very clean and tidy and spacious rooms.

Room Tip: Because it was end of season the pool was closed so cannot comment on it, and no restaurant
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Trenton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Don't expect it to knock you off your feet. It's a basic hotel. Old but clean. Nothing fancy offered other then the bare essentials like fridge tv microwave bed. It is good place to sleep and stay if your goal is to explore the cape. Cheap price. No amenities like shampoo or toothbrush. Provides soap, towels and bath mat (paper?). It's just a simple hotel with a fair price and is clean. Not the place for you if you are looking for a spa, pool, shampoo, etc. I would have no problem going back as I just need a clean place to stay at a fair price and the bass river delivers that.

• Stayed August 2013
Ashland, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is my first review and I am an either liked it or didn't kind of person. I liked this place a lot. My husband normally picks where we stay and he is the sort it by price man. He told me I would-be impressed and we both were impressed. The room was very big. I mean very big. We stayed the weekend. It had a large open living area with a separate bedroom. WiFi was very fast. Maybe because we were the closest room to the office. I can only imagine the price being one of the lowest around cause my husband picked it but it was one of the most pleasant stays I have ever had on Cape Cod. Having a kitchen was nice cause I could cook us a nice home cooked meal while on a mini vacation. We ended up spending more time in the room then out cause it was a very tranquil and quiet property. It was sad when we had to leave. Really liked staying here. We already made future reservations and look forward to going back.

• Stayed October 2013
Ashland, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed in the one bedroom suite so maybe I got more then the typical offering but I would assume all the rooms are just as clean. Very spacious interior. Almost like a mini apartment. The bed was nicely padded. Kitchen had all the utensils and was clean. Bathroom was superb. Large tv in the outside area with a what looked like new dining table and chairs. My wife and I have fallen in love with this little hotel and have already made reservations in June. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2013
Andover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I were thoroughly impressed by the quality of the motel. Did not expect such a nice place for the lowest priced motel in Yarmouth. Right next door to shopping places and walkable distance to beaches. To cold to go in the water but nice to look at. It is truly a joy to stay here. The price was wonderful and the rooms were clean and fresh. I traveled by myself for work related affairs but can't wait to go back with the family next summer when cape cod is up and running. I stayed during Columbus weekend so the place was sold out and very active like summer I would imagine. It was right on the main road that unfortunately got blocked off because of some parade. Lucky for me the owners were nice enough to let me stay in the room way past checkout time while the parade ended. Nice sized parking lot and easy to find off the highway. Stay here!!

Room Tip: Watch out for Parades.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hunters Green Motel
Hunters Green Motel
#11 of 20 in West Yarmouth
3.5 of 5 stars 119 reviews

Been to Bass River Motel? Share your experiences!