“Gets the job done” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 22 hotels in South Yarmouth
Orlando, Florida
“Gets the job done”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

The pros: location, clean, good heat, well lit, price, free Internet

The cons: bathoom small, rooms are old but clean

Stayed in a double room and both beds were well made and comfortable. Nice place. Clean but old styled. Wood paneling l and unicolor carpets. Could use a facelift but for the price can't complain.

• Stayed November 2013

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

A traditional old motel with charm and a great location to get around Cape Cod. We went off season so it was quiet but there were still some good restaurants and pubs around on the "Old Main Street". It's a bit dated but very clean and tidy and spacious rooms.

Room Tip: Because it was end of season the pool was closed so cannot comment on it, and no restaurant
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Trenton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Don't expect it to knock you off your feet. It's a basic hotel. Old but clean. Nothing fancy offered other then the bare essentials like fridge tv microwave bed. It is good place to sleep and stay if your goal is to explore the cape. Cheap price. No amenities like shampoo or toothbrush. Provides soap, towels and bath mat (paper?). It's just a simple hotel with a fair price and is clean. Not the place for you if you are looking for a spa, pool, shampoo, etc. I would have no problem going back as I just need a clean place to stay at a fair price and the bass river delivers that.

• Stayed August 2013
Ashland, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

This is my first review and I am an either liked it or didn't kind of person. I liked this place a lot. My husband normally picks where we stay and he is the sort it by price man. He told me I would-be impressed and we both were impressed. The room was very big. I mean very big. We stayed the weekend. It had a large open living area with a separate bedroom. WiFi was very fast. Maybe because we were the closest room to the office. I can only imagine the price being one of the lowest around cause my husband picked it but it was one of the most pleasant stays I have ever had on Cape Cod. Having a kitchen was nice cause I could cook us a nice home cooked meal while on a mini vacation. We ended up spending more time in the room then out cause it was a very tranquil and quiet property. It was sad when we had to leave. Really liked staying here. We already made future reservations and look forward to going back.

• Stayed October 2013
Ashland, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the one bedroom suite so maybe I got more then the typical offering but I would assume all the rooms are just as clean. Very spacious interior. Almost like a mini apartment. The bed was nicely padded. Kitchen had all the utensils and was clean. Bathroom was superb. Large tv in the outside area with a what looked like new dining table and chairs. My wife and I have fallen in love with this little hotel and have already made reservations in June. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2013
Andover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I were thoroughly impressed by the quality of the motel. Did not expect such a nice place for the lowest priced motel in Yarmouth. Right next door to shopping places and walkable distance to beaches. To cold to go in the water but nice to look at. It is truly a joy to stay here. The price was wonderful and the rooms were clean and fresh. I traveled by myself for work related affairs but can't wait to go back with the family next summer when cape cod is up and running. I stayed during Columbus weekend so the place was sold out and very active like summer I would imagine. It was right on the main road that unfortunately got blocked off because of some parade. Lucky for me the owners were nice enough to let me stay in the room way past checkout time while the parade ended. Nice sized parking lot and easy to find off the highway. Stay here!!

Room Tip: Watch out for Parades.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Roxboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

The service was amazing. The management brought us fresh towels and spoons and dishes and we did not even pay for a kitchen room. The room itself was very very clean. Heat worked really good. Took a little while to come on but once on it kept the room really toasty and we can't stand the cold (old and arthritis). We were sceptic about it when we pulled in but the second we entered the room all that went away. Bed was very big and bathroom was a little on the small side but clean and hot water was good. No weird smells but rather refreshing.

I forgot my jacket in the closet and they shipped it to me which was beyond expected. Service was great and we love our stay. Will go back and tell everyone we know.

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Bass River Motel? Share your experiences!