“All around great experience!” 4 of 5 stars

Ocean Mist Beach Hotel & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   97 S. Shore Dr., South Yarmouth, MA 02664   |
Ranked #10 of 22 hotels in South Yarmouth
Mendon, Massachusetts
“All around great experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very nice overall stay.Nicely updated room and clean bathroom. Loved having the kitchenette! Pool and hot tub were very nice.Location directly on the ocean was perfect. Beach was raked daily.Beds were comfortable with wonderful sheets and pillows! Nice large screen t.v.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

168 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Tring, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Several months ago I started to plan our 3 week trip to America which included 4 nights in Cape Cod. Before I book any hotel I always check on trip advisor to see what's been said about them. Never have I come across so many complains about a hotel, it's as if someone really has something against this one.
I was looking for somewhere to stay that was on a beach, with views & with a pool. When I checked out Ocean Mist & looked at the photos it had everything we wanted but why was it only 11 out of 20 hotels in South Yarmouth? We have never stayed at a hotel so poorly rated and yet it had everything we wanted. So we booked and we were certainly not disappointed. It's really lovely beening so near the beach & great rooms. The weather was not good so we used the indoor pool. Really good restaurant nearby & pancake man for breakfast was something else. We found the staff really helpful and we would certainly recommend staying, don't go by all the negative comments, I'm certainly glad we didn't. Would love to go again when it's warm & sunny.

• Stayed June 2013
Oxford, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I just got back from a two night stay from this hotel. This hotel is the best hotel I've ever been to in Cape Cod. The pool and hot tub were amazing. Unfortunately we didn't get to go in the Ocean as it was a bit too cold but the hot tub sure made up for that! The only thing I will say is that the fire pit was not lit at all. I'm assuming it's lit during peak season only?

The rooms were very neat and clean. There was always workers cleaning around the facility. They even cleaned the seaweed off of the beach! The hotel was really close to popular restaurants. We went to Seafood Sam's twice, amazing food! We also went down the street to "The Skipper" which we also thought was great. Make sure to stop by at Cape Cod Creamery as well.

All in all, I have to say that the location of this hotel was great. I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. Thank you Ocean Mist for a great weekend!

Room Tip: Ocean View room is the way to go!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Berkshire, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed in room 131. I could literally see the ocean from my bed, pretty cool! We arrived around 4:30 and the room was just getting the final inspection (so they said). I looked very nice from the first look. Then we found out that there was a bulb out in the foyer outside the bathroom, there was no extra toilet paper (we were on our last piece) and were saw a few bugs (one being a centipede) in the living area (ew!) The floor in front of the living area slider was soaked. I am assuming that is because is soooooo close to the beach.
The people at the front desk were very nice and we did enjoy our stay. This place is in a great location. There is a pool with a towel station and a hot tub (nice). The pool has a handicape lift in it as well. Most of all we liked the location of the room. one king bed in the bedroom and 2 queen beds in the living area.

Room Tip: I would choose a room on the 2nd floor to avoid loud passer by people and to avoid the loud plumbing...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Albany, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was a great property in almost all categories except there was no in-room Wi-Fi and even the Wi-Fi in the lobby (which was very small) was down more than up. This hotel advertised in-room wifi but there isn't any. Wouldn't go back there again only because of this reason. Otherwise we loved the place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Warwick, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Brilliant location, nice views, right on beach.. pool lovely, room very well furbished.

However..
- Room not cleaned right in the 5 days I was there - shoddy service!
- Fire pit not working (every day I was told it'll be fixed tomorrow)
- Wifi did not work in rooms (every day I was told it'll be fixed tomorrow)
- Safe did not work in rooms (every day I was told, you guessed it, it'll be fixed tomorrow)
- Staff not overly helpful. I saw the staff walk past one person struggling with a baby and lots of bags and the door, staff wouldn't stop to help, even to open door! Another time I wanted into the pool, but the staff wouldn't open the door closest to me, I had to walk around the other end of the pool with all my stuff as it was more convenient to him.
- As other reviewers stated, I was at reception quite a few times, people were rarely happy - and the wait was SO SLOW (the three times I used reception I had to wait between 20 - 40 minutes, which was really really really annoying.

I wouldn't rush back, I'd try another hotel in area with private beach.

Room Tip: Get a room on the opposite side to reception - you'll get the sun on your balcony in the afterno...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I had to come and express my experience about this property. It was well situated right at the beach front there are couple things i disliked.

1. There was no Wifi in the room that was very incovinient.
2. The housekeepers left a dirty towel on my bed, its seems like they were rushing.
3. The fire pit never seemed to work for the 4 days I was there they keep on telling me it will be fixed the next day.
4. The safe in my room was not function able i was pretty upset about that.

But the things that made me want to go back

First i have to talk about the Jamaican at the front desk he was so charming and lovely his smile lite up the office once i entered he took pretty good care of me and my family. It was tremendable. He assist me in every way possible and gave me an upgrade in my room. He was a big help. I think his name was Taveric or Tavrick, something but great job

Secondly the room was comfortable it was suitable for my needs, the bed were soft the loft suit was amazing, the indoor pool was amazing the Jamaican guy let us stay in their an extra hour after closing time, it was amazing.

We loved our vacation and enjoyed every minute of it. I would recommend you go and gain your own experience.

It is To Die for.....

Room Tip: try and get the ocean front room facing the beach.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ocean Mist Beach Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!