“Right On The Beach” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in South Yarmouth
Berkshire, Massachusetts
“Right On The Beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed in room 131. I could literally see the ocean from my bed, pretty cool! We arrived around 4:30 and the room was just getting the final inspection (so they said). I looked very nice from the first look. Then we found out that there was a bulb out in the foyer outside the bathroom, there was no extra toilet paper (we were on our last piece) and were saw a few bugs (one being a centipede) in the living area (ew!) The floor in front of the living area slider was soaked. I am assuming that is because is soooooo close to the beach.
The people at the front desk were very nice and we did enjoy our stay. This place is in a great location. There is a pool with a towel station and a hot tub (nice). The pool has a handicape lift in it as well. Most of all we liked the location of the room. one king bed in the bedroom and 2 queen beds in the living area.

Room Tip: I would choose a room on the 2nd floor to avoid loud passer by people and to avoid the loud plumbing...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Albany, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This was a great property in almost all categories except there was no in-room Wi-Fi and even the Wi-Fi in the lobby (which was very small) was down more than up. This hotel advertised in-room wifi but there isn't any. Wouldn't go back there again only because of this reason. Otherwise we loved the place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Warwick, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Brilliant location, nice views, right on beach.. pool lovely, room very well furbished.

However..
- Room not cleaned right in the 5 days I was there - shoddy service!
- Fire pit not working (every day I was told it'll be fixed tomorrow)
- Wifi did not work in rooms (every day I was told it'll be fixed tomorrow)
- Safe did not work in rooms (every day I was told, you guessed it, it'll be fixed tomorrow)
- Staff not overly helpful. I saw the staff walk past one person struggling with a baby and lots of bags and the door, staff wouldn't stop to help, even to open door! Another time I wanted into the pool, but the staff wouldn't open the door closest to me, I had to walk around the other end of the pool with all my stuff as it was more convenient to him.
- As other reviewers stated, I was at reception quite a few times, people were rarely happy - and the wait was SO SLOW (the three times I used reception I had to wait between 20 - 40 minutes, which was really really really annoying.

I wouldn't rush back, I'd try another hotel in area with private beach.

Room Tip: Get a room on the opposite side to reception - you'll get the sun on your balcony in the afterno...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I had to come and express my experience about this property. It was well situated right at the beach front there are couple things i disliked.

1. There was no Wifi in the room that was very incovinient.
2. The housekeepers left a dirty towel on my bed, its seems like they were rushing.
3. The fire pit never seemed to work for the 4 days I was there they keep on telling me it will be fixed the next day.
4. The safe in my room was not function able i was pretty upset about that.

But the things that made me want to go back

First i have to talk about the Jamaican at the front desk he was so charming and lovely his smile lite up the office once i entered he took pretty good care of me and my family. It was tremendable. He assist me in every way possible and gave me an upgrade in my room. He was a big help. I think his name was Taveric or Tavrick, something but great job

Secondly the room was comfortable it was suitable for my needs, the bed were soft the loft suit was amazing, the indoor pool was amazing the Jamaican guy let us stay in their an extra hour after closing time, it was amazing.

We loved our vacation and enjoyed every minute of it. I would recommend you go and gain your own experience.

It is To Die for.....

Room Tip: try and get the ocean front room facing the beach.
Beverly Hills, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Great value. Huge room. 2 balconies over looking the pool and ocean. Newly remodeled. Was a bit noisy in the am. But we were up and about by then. Beautiful beach. Try the old Yarmouth inn for dinner and skippers is great for lunch.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view and balcony room very nice.
Bronx, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The fact that there was an unhappy family in the lobby when I arrived should have tipped me off that there was a problem with this hotel. The family was very upset and Tavrick at the desk had a smirk on his face. Once the family left, I started to register and the lobby phone rang. It was another family who said that this was the second time they called and they were having trouble with the sink and no one had come. Tavrick at the desk was laughing silently, covering his mouth muffling the laughter and holding the phone away from his face. He was laughing uncontrollably and I was very annoyed, but decided to mind my business. Once in the room, it was attractive as pictured on the web. It was also very cold in the room at 64 degrees. I called the front desk- they had no blankets. Maybe tomorrow, they said. We were very cold that first night. We went to the desk in the morning to check on the blankets, only to find two families very upset about things in their room. Tavrick listened and had no remedy for anything they complained about. No blankets again and no internet on this property. Once the families left we went back to the lobby to go to the pool- no pool towels and this time Tavrick was joined by two ladies dressed in hotel uniform. All 3 were laughing hysterically at the Indian family of 6 who had left because their reservations were lost . Tavrick was trying to put them in a room with one king size bed. Tavrick and the ladies were laughing about who the family could two have fit on the king bed, two on the sofa and two on the floor. It was like a SNL comedy skit. I simply could not believe it. I went back to my frosty room and turned on the heat and the fire alarms went off (I did not even bother to go to the lobby since I am sure, Tavrick was yucking it up.)
This is the most unhelpful, unprofessional and uncaring place that you will ever have the displeasure of being in. Yes, the room is attractive, but this place was just awful. I shared my experience at check out and they were unphased. They were worried about how Expedia only pays the first night and they wanted the money for the two other nights that I stayed. As I left, there was a family in the looby complaining about an issue in their room that continued to be resolved. This place is a nightmare. I will never stay at this place again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

My first time on the Cape! Visited for the weekend with 8 girlfriends. Beautiful location & rooms right on the beach. It was cozy & comfortable. I CAN'T wait to go back!! It is worth every penny. You don't even need an ocean view to enjoy this place because the ocean is just a few steps away.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Ocean Mist Beach Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!