“love the food” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
“love the food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Wow, I can't believe some of the other reviews. I have been numerous times for dinner on various nights and always have had a wonderful meal.
Very relaxing interior.
Never had any problems.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Braintree, Massachusetts
“avoid”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Had a groupon so thought we would give a try. Saturday night 7pm no wait(should have been learry right away). Decided to sit at the bar. The barmaid proceded to toss empty bottles across the bar into the trash. Painful to obtain a drink. Food was just so so, lukewarm. Wrote a letter to owners and got a very nice reply and gift card. Decided to give another try a month later. Once again a Saturday night with no wait. Two other tables occupied in dining room. Again food just so so. There are better restaurants all along this road.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
ma
“Not well run”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Not well run...waitresses never stop talking, even when trying to eat. food is fair, and bar is all but non-exsistent

Visited October 2012
“The worst restaurant I have every been to”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

I would never go back after going there tonight for the first time. The waitress came over and started babbling about how my husband looked like some she knew and how she wished she could "jump that persons bones" . It was the oddest moment, considering she was in her sixtys and we are 30. They then brought out bread with a dipping sauce that consisted mayonnaise and garlic. We ordered cheese frittis, that came with what tasted like tomato paste on it. We ordered chicken Marsala that tasted like watered down terriaki sauce with undercooked chicken. My husband ordered chicken cacciatore that was equally terrible. All in all, it was a cute place with disgusting food and a weird wait staff.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Boston
“Wonderful Food, Not So Wonderful Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

We have been to Peppercornz quite a few times in the last few years, but have regrettably decided not to return.
The food has always been excellent. I have probably tried all the chicken dishes. The bread is delicious. So are the desserts.
The service is another story. It has been difficult to track down the waitress on several occasions. Other customers arrive before us, then receive their meals before we see a waitress. One time, we were given the check without being asked if we wanted anything else/ coffee/ dessert. I could go on and on.
The last time - there was no hostess. We waited about 10 minutes - in full view of the bartender and several waitresses, all ignoring my stares! I finally approached the bartender - she looked surprised to see me. Informed me that a waitress was also acting as hostess. Another 5 minutes, waitress/hostess appears. Big surprise - she was one of the worst waitresses there. Leads us to a table, totalling ignoring all the other people waiting.
Never again.