“skiing exceeds expectations” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Ski/ Snowboard Areas
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Located on the border of Massachusetts and New York State, ski area offers trails on both the Berkshire Mountains and the Taconic Range.
Northwestern New Jersey
8 attraction reviews
“skiing exceeds expectations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

Skied Catamount on a Friday mid-February and found it delightful! Snow conditions much better than we had any right to expect, considering there is no snow anywhere off the trails. They obviously invested in snowmaking, which made the trails very enjoyable.
It is not a very challenging resort, but I am not a very adventurous skier! True most beginner trails are relatively short, but the nice long perimeter cruiser Sidewinder was long enough to reward the lift ride, very relaxing and scenic. We made "first tracks" on almost every trail, and never found a spot skied off or icy.
All staff we interacted with were pleasant and friendly.
Would definitely visit again.

Visited February 2012

Lenox, Massachusetts
11 attraction reviews
“Skiing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

Good skiing but runs are shorter than you will find in VT. Close to town.

3 attraction reviews
“Okay.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

I loved Catamount, but I also love Jiminey Peak, another ski resort , better.
Catamount had alot of trails, but, they were a little long to get to each one. Meaning, that each lift was a little far apart. The food wasn't so good either...
But it is close to were I live.

Visited December 2011
Eastern Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
“INCREDIBLE - way beyond expectations and a great value, too”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Our family: Two 40+ adults, 15 year old son, 13 and 10 year old daughters.
Objective: Enjoy nature for a few hours with a thrill seeking element
Expectations: Take the lift to the top of the course and zip line back and forth across the slopes.
Reality: An amazing ropes, high-wire, and zip line obstacle course in the tree tops. This was a truly amazing adventure with several gut-check moments to remember.

One point that I want to pass along...this is an active, physically and mentally challenging rope park. Its a lot like a ski park with yellow, green, blue, black and double black courses. I left soaked in perspiration - some from the effort exerted, some from the fear of the ropes challenges 60 feet in the trees.

My wife and I are moderately active - weekend wannabe athletes, neither gym rats nor couch potatoes. I was blown away and never expected such a great time. Dress accordingly and be prepared to climb, crawl, and hold on tightly...and bring an extra shirt for the ride home.

The day starts with a training course that seemed like overkill for my expectations. At the close of the day I really appreciated the professionalism of the whole set up starting with the training.

The best part for me was doing the whole blue course, Riptide, as a family. Being honest, there was more than one gut check moment for me on that simple course...and it was great to complete it together.

Afterwards my son then hit the double black diamond course, Commando. He said it was hard, but not as much fun because it was so technical.

I hit the single black diamond course and loved it because it combined thrilling zip lines back and forth across a huge ravine plus a few more heart-stopping, gut check moments - especially climbing the log ladder on the far side of the ravine that takes you to the upper zip line deck. I have to say I felt great about myself after the course...once I stopped shaking.

My wife and daughters went on another blue to green, but recommend staying away from the green...blue is the right level for them. Green was too easy and got crowded.

The long zip line course back to base camp is the cherry on top...what a blast. If it weren't so far away from our home we'd be back soon. You must work this into your itinerary.

Visited August 2011
Cairo, NY
6 attraction reviews
“A must do awesome aerial forest adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

I've never done anything like this before but it was a blast and I'll be back. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. This is an exciting aerial forest adventure that provides a variety of courses that are fun for all ability levels. You are challenged to cross bridges, climb ladders, obstacles and zip lines. This is up in the trees and you are fitted with harnesses, led through a safety and park usage demonstration, fitted with gloves and are then free to navigate their chosen treetop courses. With eleven courses of varying difficulties (think ski trails; yellow, green, blue, black and double black), For ages 7 and up...teens...adults....seniors (suggested minimum height is 48") No previous experience is needed 11 separate courses and 162 platforms Over 40 zip lines 2 courses feature 2000' of zip lines each.

Visited June 2011