“Clean but read the fine print” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn South Deerfield

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn South Deerfield to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn South Deerfield
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   9 Greenfield Road, I-91 at State Road/US 5, Exit #24, South Deerfield, MA 01373   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in South Deerfield
Orange
“Clean but read the fine print”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was happy to find a hotel with an indoor pool for where we were going for a birthday celebration.In all my years of staying at hotels, I never had a room with no coffee maker in the room. I asked for one and They said none were available from any other room....I had to drive to Greenfield for one ......by the time got back we could not use the pool. The person on phone reservation said it was open till ten pm but it was open until only 9:30 pm.Not happy but made the best of it.

Room Tip: Pack your own coffee maker and you have to ask about everything.....they did not give correct hours...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

203 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Richmond, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I was looking for an inexpensive, no-frills place to stay while on business in Northampton for several weekends, and this property exceeded my expectations. Although rates vary depending on events at the nearby colleges, I have gotten a deluxe king room for as little as $87, including tax.

A major renovation project is under way, and the newly remodeled rooms have the look of a much finer hotel. The beds and bedding are very comfortable, the rooms have a nice work area, and the deluxe rooms come with a small refrigerator and microwave -- perfect for someone who just wants to grab some takeout and get to work. The rooms are very clean, and the front-desk and housekeeping staff are friendly and helpful. Red Roof also has a generous rewards program for the frequent visitor. The location is just off I-91, an easy 10- or 15-minute drive from Northampton.

The only downside to my stays here have been the noise. The pool is a magnet for children, and let's just say they're not always quiet and courteous while on their way to and from it. I discovered that turning on the fan pretty much drowns out anything taking place in the hallways.

This was my first experience at a Red Roof, and it's turned me into a fan of the chain. I will be staying here often.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the second floor. Because of hardwood flooring, it can get noisy on the first f...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I did not use the indoor heated pool but took a look at it and it was far superior to other pools I've seen.
The room I had was clean and comfortable and the price was right. It was very close to Yankee Candle and also to Historic Deerfield.
Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Thought that this property would be just another typical Red Roof Inn, boy was I wrong. I liked the fact that there are interior corridors in order to gain entry to your room, that's a big plus with me. The gentleman who checked me in was polite, courteous and knowledgable about what was going on in the area. The room was just remodeled so everything was fresh and new. Checking out was a breeze. I needed some info about a certain business in the area and they were so helpful. The property is just off I-91 you couldn't miss it!

Room Tip: Usually Red means stop do not enter! But at this location I suggest you stop and stay!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were treated to a room that had never been stayed in since its recent update. The wood floors were shiny and the newly styled seating and desk area were sleek and modern. A flat-screened TV topped off the room. The bedding and mattress were so comfortable. I would recommend this property, especially if you need accommodations for your dog. It is conveniently located to RT 91 as well as Yankee Candle Factory and Store and a Dunkin Donut and gas station.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised!! This Hotel is under remodeling right now. We stayed in a newly redone room that was very clean and updated!. When walking into room the first thing we noticed was the main walking part of room was hardwood floors! Under beds's was new carpet. The hardwood was clean and very warm. Makes for easier clean up and doesn't leave stains from spills or trap odors. Staff was friendly and the pool was heated and clean.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
RedR1, General Manager at Red Roof Inn South Deerfield, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
We are very excited to hear your comments about our newly renovated rooms. We are just as excited to provide a fesh new look for all of our guests. I agree that the new floors provide a nicer, brighter look than carpets. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and welcome you back when you come to our area again. Thanks very much for your comments.
Cheshire, Connecticut, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We were there for my son's ski race. Room was clean with refreg and microwave in the room. Management is very nice and happy to supply extras. Beds were very comfortable and bathroom was updated and clean. Great value for a ski trip or any visit.

Room Tip: 201 was VERY quiet
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am pleased to hear your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. At Red Roof Inn we always do our best to provide our guests with a great value at a great price. Many people enjoy the pool, especially in the winter months. We are always happy to accommodate our guests with any special requests in order to make your stay more enjoyable. I hope you come back and stay when our renovations are complete.

Been to Red Roof Inn South Deerfield? Share your experiences!