“Very clean and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn South Deerfield

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn South Deerfield to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn South Deerfield
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   9 Greenfield Road, I-91 at State Road/US 5, Exit #24, South Deerfield, MA 01373   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in South Deerfield
Winter Haven, Florida
“Very clean and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights while visiting my son and his family for Thanksgiving. I had shopped around online, and needed to find a hotel that fit into my budget. I was a little worried, as the price was very low compared to other hotels nearby. What a pleasant surprise! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was super clean and the bed was comfortable. Location is great with a Dunkin Donuts/Subway/gas station combo right next door with a little path to get there. Just about next door (a little woods in between) to the Yankee Candle Flagship store which was a real treat! My son and grandson used the pool, it was warm and clean. I used the laundry room with no trouble.
I would definitely stay here again, and recommend it to friends and family.

Room Tip: My room was near the pool and laundry room, yet was extremely quiet. No problems.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
RedR1, Manager at Red Roof Inn South Deerfield, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments. As many have stated, they are pleasantly surprised by our exceptional service towards our guests. I will be glad to pass your comments along to our staff as this is refreshing to hear such a positive review from one of our guests. We look forward to you visiting us in the future.

Sincerely

Jim Shaw

203 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Wisconsin, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. The Inn seems a bit old and the in-room ventilation was loud - I had to turn it off so I could sleep - I liked that they had a pool for a swim workout but was a bit concerned about how clean it was.

The bed was comfortable.

Overall - a rather good deal for the price - free internet and convenient location off the Highway.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
RedR1, General Manager at Red Roof Inn South Deerfield, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your response. As you have noticed we began the process of our renovation process; where we have replaced many beds, air systems, and all televisons with new flat screens. The best news is that by the end of March 2013 we will be finished with all renovations were we will have a whole new look and be completely a smoke free hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.
new jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I picked the Red Roof Inn because I needed a motel that took dogs. I ultimately did not bring my dog but traveled with my teenage son.

The hotel is definitely no frills. Single sinks, tiny bath towels, single pack of tissues (no box), shampoo in a little foil pack (no mini-bottles), tiny sign at front that tells you where the lobby is.

The room size was the same as any other hotel. The ceiling was a bit low and the walls were textured (like popcorn ceiling stuff on walls). No mirror except for bathroom mirror.

It is an awful location. There are barely any restaurants to be found, no drugstore, no foodstore, just a giant place to buy candles (if thats your thing). I had to drive 20 minutes to the Route 9 Diner (which I highly recommend).

If I had my dog with me (German Shepherd) I would have felt a lot safer here. The hotel is at the end of a giant parking lot (with room for truck parking). I was on the second floor and had to park at the end of the building and use my room key to access a side door before going up a flight of stairs. It was kinda creepy. There were only 3 other cars at the side of the building and maybe a dozen cars (at most) in the parking lot.

While it was fine for one night in the future I plan on staying at a hotel in a more well populated area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I appreciate your comments on your most recent stay with us. Your comments help us to improve our quality of service to all of our guests. I apologize that everything was not right with your stay. We are a moderately priced inn that is located in a nice easy to get to location that is a little away from all of the hustle of other locations. There are several restaurants in our area and most shopping is only a short drive away. There is a convenience store, gas station, Dunkin Donuts and Subway shop right next door with many amenities for the traveler who may gave forgotten something. Our rooms will be undergoing a renovation this coming January 2013 and will offer an upgraded room decor for our guests. I do hope you consider staying with us again after we have renovated to see just how much we appreciate our guests comments and look to make improvements at our inn so as to make our guests stay an enjoyable one.
New Bedford
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This hotel is upgraded since last visit and they are planning more! great location for visit to yankee candle flagship store. Clean room and comfortable bed. Aiming to please travelers. Gas station and donut shop next door. only minus was a noisy toilet..

Room Tip: superior rooms have king bed and nice workstation.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Your comments go along way in improving our service to our guests. We are constantly working to improve our Inn. We have recently installed falt screen Televisions in every room and will be doing further renovations this coming January 2013. Our goal is to provide a superior product at a moderate price for all of our guests. If you ever experience a problem during your stay, such as a noisy toliet just let our helpful staff know and we will make sure it is corrected in a timely manner. I hope you come back and visit us again when you vist the area. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future..
Readington, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Very decent motel. Only 15-20 minutes from Amherst Center. Excellent value. Friendly and helpful personnel at front desk. Room was very cold upon entry. Had to turn on the heat. Room was clean. Mattresses were average. Heard doors slamming shut throughout the night. Noisy neighbors. Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
I appreciate your comments regarding your most recent stay with us. Our location is convenient to Amherst Center without the hustle and bustle of the route 9 traffic. If you ever experience a problem as in noisy neighbors our friendly and helpful personnel are on 24 hours a day to take care of any of your needs. Just let us know and we will do everything we can to make your stay an enjoyable one. I will share you comments with our staff. I hope you stay with us when your travel plans bring you to our area again.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I traveled to Amherst, Massachusetts to attend a weekend college function. The Red Roof Inn was a moderately priced hotel with clean, well supplied rooms located away from the heavily traveled Route 9 corridor. The Red Roof Inn was only 15 minutes from Amherst, taking significantly less time to reach than many closer hotels along Route 9. The rooms were fine, the staff (especially the person who I thought may have been the manager) was friendly and competent. A great local South Deerfield diner (Jerry's Place), only a few minutes from the Red Roof, provided a good home cooked breakfast in the morning. A good place to know for accommodations in the Amherst area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your reponse to your latest stay. AT Red Roof Inn our goal is to offer a clean comfortable room at a moderate price when compared to our competitors. Our location is good in that there are about nine restaurants in our area that offer a variety of tastes for our guests. I will share your comments with our staff as we work to always benefit from our guests comments in order to improve our service to our guests. I hope you stay with us when you are in our area again.
Seabrook, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Being avid Turkey Hunters and having to visit family in Western Mass. we have found the Red Roof Inn in Deerfield to be the best value for the money. The staff are wonderful, attentive and caring. They maintain a great facility and we will be back.

Room Tip: The Deluxe Business King is the way to go.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your comments on your latest stay with us. I will share your comments with my staff. Positive feedback reinforces our great service, helpful attitude and willingness to make your stay an enjoyable one. Please visit us again when you are in our area. We will be starting our renovations in January 2013. I'm sure you will like our new rooms.

Been to Red Roof Inn South Deerfield? Share your experiences!