“So lucky to have this gem of a restaurant in my neighborhood!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Eclectic, Bar, Sandwiches
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Somerville, Massachusetts
“So lucky to have this gem of a restaurant in my neighborhood!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Highland Kitchen is my favorite restaurant in Somerville and one of the best in all of Boston! Because of this, it can get quite busy at times (no reservations unfortunately) but it is worth the wait! The food and drinks are innovative and tasty. The staff are awesome! They're super friendly, give great recommendations, while still serving you in a quick manner. The buffalo Brussels sprouts and the Cuban are my favorites, as well as the dirtybird (only served for brunch.) I hosted my birthday party at Highland Kitchen and they were very accommodating. I had so much fun socializing with everyone I didn't get a chance to eat my favorite buffalo sprouts. So, my partner took me back the next night so I could get my fix. If you can check out the spelling bee night, so funny and a good time. Only complaint is that I wished they had brunch on Saturdays as well :)

Boston, Massachusetts
“New favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

So delicious and it won't kill your wallet. There are a lot of options for vegetarians and carnivores alike at this southern style eatery. The Buffalo Brussels Sprouts and a must-have. Great spot to simply grab a beer and watch "the game" with some friends too.

Visited May 2014
Wakefield, Massachusetts
“Why haven't I gone there sooner?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Lived in the area for years and have tried to go here a number of times but the long lines of people waiting to get in for Sunday brunch always deterred me. Well, now I'm convinced it would have been well worth the wait. I had always assumed it was just a breakfast place but when someone suggested we go there for dinner recently, I couldn't believe that I had missed out on this wonderful place for so many years. Having recently moved away from the area, I'm kicking myself for not having braved the potentially long wait sooner. Food was delicious, great drink selection with craft beers a-plenty. Menu was diverse with rotating specials. A great neighborhood spot for sure!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston
“Neighborhood Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Went to Highland Kitchen after work and was blown away but not only the food but the service! This is a neighborhood restaurant/pub with outstanding food for both meat eaters and vegetarians alike. Ordered the appetizers: housemade pickles, housemade potato chips with onion dip, crispy brussels sprouts and the deviled eggs. ABSOLUTELY outstanding! The brussels sprouts are an absolute must have! Even if you say you don't like brussels sprouts, you will like these. The group of us literally while eating them, ordered another plate! Everything is house made and outstanding. Service is absolutely top notch! The appetizers came out in about 5-10 minutes after ordering. This restaurant fills up quickly so get there early! Have good variety of beer, cocktails and the wine My one piece of advice, I would not order a glass of wine but a bottle if you and a friend are plan on drinking wine. The glasses are more "tasting size" and cost anywhere from $8-12 per glass. Expensive for the "amount" of wine you get per glass.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dresher, Pennsylvania
“Another good dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We have visited Highland Kitchen on other occasions, but I never wrote a review before. As usual the food was excellent and we all enjoyed our food. The southern dishes are great and the brussel sprout starter is a must. There are a lot of great choices for the main course and I haven't had one I haven't enjoyed. For dessert the bread pudding is just what you need, even though you are probably already full, don't miss it.

We have also been for the brunch and if you are around on the weekend give it a try and don't miss the beignets. They don't take reservations for any meals, but it is definitely worth the wait.

• Visited April 2014