“Red Velvet, yum” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Takeout
Boston, Massachusetts
“Red Velvet, yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

This place is a few blocks from my house--so pretty dangerous that it's so good. Cupcakes are fresh, moist, and not too sweet. The people who work there are great, and believe it or not, the gluten free option tastes pretty darn good!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

50% Recommend
Massachusetts
“Eh, better places for cupcakes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I love cupcakes and am always trying out new bakeries. After recently moving to Davis Square I ventured out to try Kickass. Not impressed, sadly. The inside is kind of strange - the cupcakes are situated on portable shelving. They had maybe 8-10 flavors on display which was kind of disappointing. I will say one good thing is their pupcake (cupcake for dogs). My lab went bananas! The cupcakes themselves are good - but not out of this world. I wanted to like this place but I think I will be getting my cupcakes downtown.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Good cupcakes, worth a visit but be prepared to shell out the dough !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

The cupcakes from here are really delicious, the banana foster one is fantastic and a unique stand out. The shop and service are kind of no frills and be prepared to shell out 3.00 a cupcake. Overall I would go back again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
South Berwick, Maine
“Not amazing, but the unique flavors are worth the try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We tried the funfetti, cookie dough, chocolate cherry, and bananas foster. My husband and sister-in-law didn't even let me try the cookie dough they ate them so fast. I would be offended but I did the same with my chocolate cherry- so good. I really enjoyed the banana foster as well (and this was the next day, so I thought it held up pretty well overnight) though it tasted a bit more like cinnamon than banana or rum. The funfetti was OK, I wouldn't get it again.
Definitely pricey for the size, but your buying boutique cupcakes so you should really expect it. I would go back again to try new flavors, but these aren't cupcakes you buy in bulk.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Syracuse, New York, USA
“BEST GF Cupcakes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were traveling to Boston and I thought it would be a nice surprise for my Fiance and his daughter (both have Celiac) to have some KickAss cupcakes delivered to our hotel. I called a few days before we were arriving and talked to a very helpful lady on the phone. She took my order, name of my hotel, credit card and I was all set! Very easy! $36 +$10 for delivering 12 GF cupcakes seemed pricey but what the heck – it was going to be a nice surprise. When we checked into the hotel at 10:30 AM – the cupcakes were already there! YIPEE!!! And they were SCRUMPTIOUS! After reading some reviews on line, I was a little worried about cross contamination and such. My Fiance and his daughter get VERY sick and we didn’t want to ruin our Holiday weekend. But they were great! No one had issues and shockingly, we ate all 12 over the course of about 2 days! Yummy flavors and their frosting is A M A Z I N G !!!! Like seriously! I am not a ‘sweets’ person at all but their frosting I could have eaten with a spoon. Brave KickAss! We’ll be ordering for sure – next time we are in Boston!

• Visited May 2013