“Fun Fri Night” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Tewksbury, Massachusetts
“Fun Fri Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

One of the bars in Davis Square! We decided to go because it looked decently crowded but not overly crowded on Fri night at about 10. To our surprise there was no wait and we were promptly seated in a booth...the waitress was courteous! Our appetizer was great...the chicken dip was delicious and nicely garnished! The drinks were great too!
We spent some time listening to music. The music was loud and to my taste! There was a DJ in a separate area on second floor and was doing great music. I could still hear my husband talking so I felt it was a good date night spot.
The main course were huge portions and yummy. However after appetizer and drinks we ended up boxing our food! Anyway, we had a great time and look forward to visit again soon.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

43% Recommend
Boston, Massachusetts
“meh eats, good for drinks and a ballgame”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Ok food, but not great. Good place to catch the game though if you're local. TVs well placed. Beer list adequate

Visited September 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Meh”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Unless you're watching a sports game, go somewhere else. We tried Joshua Tree out around 8:00 on a Friday because everywhere else was packed. The food was okay. The bar is loud and you have to shout to talk. The crowd feel mostly post college and young professional. We paid 40 for two burgers+tip that weren't that great, so the value just wasn't there for the price or the experience.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Medford, Massachusetts
“College Bar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Nice place but not my style,it is more of a college bar than anything else.So if your in that age group or mind state than I recommend this place for you;

Visited January 2012
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Couldn't finish it all... but I wished I could”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stopped by Joshua Tree at lunch time on a beautiful Sunday in August, 2012. The front of the pub was wide-open to the street, letting in the breezes and the views. The restaurant is lined with TV's... it's a sports pub after all, and even though I try to avoid places with screens, the volume was low and I could ignore them. They have a decent draft beer selection, and I loved my Harpoon Leviathan. The three of us shared an order of classic nachos. The multicolored chips were crisp and tasty. We ate and ate, but the pile of nachos never seemed to get any smaller! My companions chose the grilled bacon wrapped cod sandwich. Again - a healthy portion. They were cooked just right, and tasted great. I know, because I asked for a bite. One came with fries, the other substituted some onion rings for an extra buck. Those were good, too. Hey - maybe that's why I couldn't finish my own meal. Too much clandestine nibbling! I ordered the Black Angus sliders. Three not-so-little handfuls of goodness, and I reluctantly had to leave half of one and some fries on my plate, uneaten. Too full! But it was good... very good. It's a meal you'd want to finish. Next time, I'll show up even hungrier.

• Visited August 2012