“Good selection” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Cambridge, Ontario
“Good selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

I was impressed with the selection on the menu. Many of the staple North American choices were there, but there were also regional dishes to choose from. I got the Diva Biriyani and my daughter got the lamb korma. Both were good, as was the basket of various types of naan.

Service was terrible though! No one came by to see if our dishes were ok, I ran out of wine and was not asked if I would like another, our water wasn't refilled, and they forgot the mango lassi. I had to go get the waiter in order to receive the lassi. I asked for a coffee and they brought tea and then it took 15 minutes to get the coffee.

While the food is good, the lack of service makes this place a forgettable experience. As we only visit Boston a few times a year, I would rather go someplace where the servers appreciate my business.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

59% Recommend
Somerville, Massachusetts
“Good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Went here with a few friends for the first time last week. The food was really nice. I had pakoras and a dosa which were really good. Everyone else's dishes were great too. The menu selection here is excellent, and their choices for vegetarian/vegan are great. One of our party only liked mild dishes and ordered a dish which turned out to be quite spicy, so be careful when asking about how hot dishes are. I liked the decor and the music they had playing added to the atmosphere in a positive way.

Some of the reviews here have said the service was a bit slow, and there was a little of that when we visited. It was a Sunday evening when we went so perhaps they were tired, but they didn't seem very 'on the ball'. One of the drinks was forgotten, but brought when reminded. A couple of the plates were a little dirty (as if they've been washed but then left to dry without rinsing off the dish water), and the waiter took them away but didn't bring new ones until after the food was on the table.

We had a groupon which made the food very affordable. I would perhaps eat here again as the selection on the menu is amazing, but I would want to investigate more of the indian restaurants around this area before deciding on a favourite.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Boston, MA
“Great Indian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is the best Indian Food in the area. Service is always a bit slow, but never bad enough to keep us from coming back.

You can see the cook making the Naan, so fresh is an understatement. I've branched out from my usual dishes and tried others, since the quality has been so good. I'm glad we found this place.

Visited September 2012
Wakefield, Massachusetts
“Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I used a Group-on today with my significant other. We had the vegetable samosas, two chicken dishes, and the ice cream. Service was good. We enjoyed the music that was playing. The place was busy for a Sunday lunch.

• Visited October 2012
Philly suburbs
“Thumbs up for the lunch buffet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Indian lunch buffets rarely have more than one, if any vegetarian option...this one had three! It wasn't the best sag paneer I've ever had, but perfectly tasty. In addition to the veg dishes, there were two chicken dishes, salads, chutneys, papadum, and each table got a basket on hot naan and garlic naan. My kids loved the watermelon juice!

• Visited September 2012