“Food from the 50's” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Somerville, Massachusetts
“Food from the 50's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Kelly's Diner has a great atmosphere. They did a great job of preserving the diner from the 50s and not losing the original feel. The food was reasonable priced and was mediocre for a diner, but there was a LOT of it. If you need a place to go for breakfast with some friends on a weekend morning it's not a bad choice.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Montreal
“just amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

old style diner where service is everything.
Diversified menu and great ambiance

Visited June 2012
Medford, Massachusetts
“Great Breakfast and Lunches”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I have been eating at Kelly's for years and the quality is always great!!! If you are lucky they have a special lobster roll that is reasonably priced and absolutly the best I have had. You can get it with fries and their awesome home made potato salad. They also have daily lunch specials and a full menu that will please any tastes.
They also have great breakfasts although I enjoy their egg dishes (especially the home made corn beef hash), they make some of the best pancakes around.
I am sure once you go there you will be hooked!!!!!!!
By the way the service is always good, but sometimes they get so busy that you have to wait a little for refills, but they are very friendly and you will get refills!!!!!!!!

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ontario
“OK - Expected better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

Had breakfast. Just the standard breakfast fair. Our party had french toast, eggs, bacon, cornbeef hash. I got this place from 'Diners, Drive-In, and Dive" so expected above average food. It was OK. They fried the heck out of the bacon. We also had the lobster roll - came with potato salad and cold slaw - this was good. Service was minimal. Take order, bring food and that's it. No offers for refills, no asking how food was, or even making themself too available to requests.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New England
“Love the pancakes, and everything else, too.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

I would say that we are irregular regulars at Kelly's Diner - since it isn't close to our house, we don't go that often. We even have a framed sketch of Kelly's on our home kitchen wall! (they sell them there, or at least they did a few years ago) When we do go, it always feels like home - the same waitresses, the same decor, the same reliable food, the same friendly buzz amongst the customers. Even though the pancakes were not my FAVORITE, I love the diner so much that I was willing to accept their less than perfect pancakes. Which is why today, I was happily surprised to see that the pancakes were WAY better than in the past, something has changed, for the better, with the recipe. I had reviewed that another diner in the area, in Watertown, had the best pancakes in my general suburban area, but today I am happily reporting that Kelly's has taken that crown, in my opinion. Something has changed about the batter, giving it almost a crumpet texture, and a rich buttermilk taste, though I am not sure there is buttermilk in there, but whatever Kelly's has done, they were delicious!!! So now, I am truly happy. My favorite diner in all respects except the pancakes, is now my favorite diner in all categories!

• Visited December 2011