“Best Indian so far in this area, and I haven't gotten to the Nepali yet” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Yak & Yeti Nepali + Indian

Ranked #101 of 251 Restaurants in Somerville
Cuisines: Nepali
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Boston Ave
Description: Welcome to Yak an Yeti! Our recipies are delcious, fresh and authentic. We have cuisine that is as rich and diverse as Indian civilization, encompassing a vast scope of traditions and regional variations in taste, color, texture, appearance, and delicacy. The hospitality of Yak and Yeti is also legendary. You will have great service, romantic decor and soft music. We look forward to serving you soon!
Greenville, South Carolina
“Best Indian so far in this area, and I haven't gotten to the Nepali yet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I just moved here and was glad to find a good number of Indian restaurants. I looked them up, studied them, and did not find Yak and Yeti in my search. In the meantime, I tried some other good ones, at least one not-so-good one, and have a few left on my list, as recommended by coworkers.

Then my date and I walked to Ball Square and found Yak and Yeti. It was empty, which is not a good sign typically, but it meant we got extremely attentive service [but not overwhelming]. We've had the Palak Paneer, the Shahi Panneer Korma, and the Paneer Makhani for entrees. I've had the kheer for dessert.

Flavoring hits the marks on each dish, and adds subtle nuance. Food quality is consistent across visits [three or four of ours]. Ingredients taste fresh and well-selected. My date and I don't always agree on flavor, but we've had each of the dishes mentioned above and both enjoy them.

Everywhere I go, I try to find a palak paneer. It is great that I have a palak paneer of choice, across all places I've been, right here within walking distance from my apartment.

Part of me believes there is a reason to try the Nepali food. However, another part likes the Indian food so much that there doesn't seem to be a reason to.

I'd like to go to the buffet, but -- and let me tell you -- dinner has been amazing and well worth the low price every time.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Omaha, Nebraska
“could not have been better..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

the food was tasty- the menu was extensive excellent, and the prices very reasonable- although the service was a little on the slow side..the meal was "cooked to order"..and the 4 of us had plenty left over...strongly suggest the nan combination for a good variety.. for sure.. a repeat customer if I ever get back that way ..

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Somerville, Massachusetts
“best brunch buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

my favorite buffet brunch! excellent masala tea, pakoras, delicate rice and breads, a half-dozen assorted entrees, a couple of soups. $10.

Visited May 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Lunch buffet is a great deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

We have only gone for lunch buffet, because it is very reasonably priced. I haven't ordered off the menu but lunch is great!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Cambridge, MA
“Pretty Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

I live near this restaurant and I finally got a ScoutMob coupon for $10 off my meal. I invited a friend to join me and we sampled a bunch of their appetizers. I highly recommend their chicken chili! We also ordered the Aloo Dam which is this wonderful potato dish. The other side dishes were decent. The Vegetable Mo-Mo's were ok... I have had better. The Kukhurako Chhoyla is a strange flavor that I grew to very much enjoy- it is dried chicken and is super garlicky and spicy. Kukhurako Sekuwa is like a cut up Tandoori style chicken that was alright. The decor is cute and somewhat modern. I am sad that they didn't have wine or beer as I would have liked to have a glass of wine. Overall, I would go back and try a few different things especially as all the food I had was from the Nepali menu and I would very much like to try the Indian menu next time.

• Visited September 2011