“A unique dining experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vegan
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Manchester, New Hampshire
“A unique dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My daughter lives in Somerville and we have talked about checking out this vegan place near where she lives. While I am not vegan, or even vegetarian for that matter, I do enjoy "that type" of food. The venue is small and nicely decorated. We had a hard time choosing what to order, everything sounded delicious. I had the Blackened Seitan with grits, collard greens, and onions picked in a chili vinaigrette. The dish had a nice heat to it, balanced out by the acidity of the collards. A very enjoyable meal. My daughter had the Seared Strawberry salad and the House Made Ravioli stuffed with sweet potato in a lemongrass coconut cream. The food was outstanding. We waited quite a while for our food and watched as people who had arrived after us were served. The manager came over and apologized, explaining there was a mix-up in the kitchen (hey, it happens) and they gave us a discount. Overall a wonderful experience, we will be returning!

• Visited May 2013

97% Recommend
Boston
“So satisfying and energizing!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

In my quest to find a local vegan restaurant, I sought out this lovely hidden gem! I opted for the wweet potato wrapped portobello mushroom "sandwhich" that came with turnips instead of fries and tempeh filled triangles of happiness!! The portion sizes were a little pricey and were far less than our standard family-sized bowls of pasta we are all so used to - but we left feeling satisfied and full of energy! I encourage you to try to go meatless for at least one day a week and see how it makes you feel. The service here was great too and the ambiance very modern and swank - can't wait to go back!! - Nadine Preston

• Visited May 2013
Winchester, Massachusetts
“We keep going back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

True Bistro is a nice find for those of us who love our veggies. The salads are all so tasty and I always wish there was more on the plate. The leek tart is my favorite, yet there is something for everyone on the menu. They even have a delicious pasta dish for those that are not quite ready to try something new. My husband and I were there early on a Thursday night and I was surprised to see the place fill to capacity with a small wait out the door. I guess the word is out on how good the vegan food is!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“Loved it - and yes, my first Vegan restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Like other reviewers, if this is vegan...maybe I could be one. Ate there with two college students (one a strict vegetarian), after finding the place on TripAdvisor. Right-sized menu with many appealing choices: loved the Leek Tart and Fried Artichoke salad with quinoa; Vietnamese Crepe also received high marks. Small, modest noise level -- a great dinner out!

Visited April 2013
Manchester, New Hampshire
“Truly True Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I'm not vegan, but I could be persuaded if all my food tasted as yummy as this did. Fresh, crisp, flavorful. I can't say enough good about this place. GO GO GO!!

• Visited September 2012