“exceptional staff near martha vineyard ferry” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Somerset
New York City, New York
“exceptional staff near martha vineyard ferry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Hotel definitely old and could use renovation. That being said, staff from front desk to breakfast server went above and beyond. Handicap room very clean and spacious. Coffee pot in room. Breakfast was a super surprise. Actual food. Waffle maker, hot sausage and eggs, bagels, cereal, oatmeal, muffins, fruit, condiments, peanut butter, jams, honey. I usually don't bother with continental breakfast. Who wants cake for breakfast. paid 140 total for 2 people. 20 minutes away from new Bedford ferry to Marthas Vineyard.
Would definitely stay again

Room Tip: handicap room 142 easily accessible for car and wheelchair
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Meredith M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you back again!

M. Morris, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Falls Church, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my daughter and her young family last weekend. The room was spacious but the decor was in bad need of an update. There were holes in the bedspread and drapes. The bathroom fixtures were probably the original. For the price and a short stay we felt it would be acceptable. We had a no smoking room. We discovered cigarette butts outside the sliding glass doors. The room smelled so badly of smoke that it made sleeping difficult. We complained to the front desk and they replaced the linens but it still wreaked of smoke. I think the hotel is so old that the smoke has been absorbed into the walls and furniture. My daughter and her infant had difficulty breathing. And our clothing smelled when we checked out. If you are a non-smoker, I would not recommend this location. If the hotel is upgraded, I would change my review to a more positive one. The staff was good and it has easy access to the highway.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Woburn, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

The bathrooms need to be replaced.
I do not smoke, I had to take a smoking room, it had a awful smell.
The front desk person was great.
$144.00 for a 1 night stay is not worth it.
$90.00 for those bathrooms, is more like it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Meredith M, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Kevin,
Thank you for taking the time share your feedback regarding your stay with us. The feedback our guests provide is extremely important to the hotel staff and I. We will use it to make improvements on the property.

FlyHorizon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

If you're looking for a hotel with a great pool, this may not be the one for you. Although large and indoors, it's quite old and not kept up as well as it could be. Available for guests, it's also used for local people who purchase monthly or daily pool passes. A great concept but only if it's maintained well and this one is not. The pool and surrounding areas are not cleaned often enough, the locker room is often dirty with wet towels strewn all over the floors, paper products that are not removed in a timely fashion. There is no one who oversees what happens in the pool area so the rules are violated frequently with people diving, bringing in drinks, entering the water fully clothed. I have used the pool on a membership and have not stayed at the hotel but felt that people looking to choose a good pool during their stay should be aware of the conditions they'll find. Hopefully this review will help the hotel realize that they have a great asset there that with better maintenance and overseeing could be easily improved.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Monrovia, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel is conveniently located right off I-195. It is right on the river which makes for a nice view. The rooms are clean and comfortable. A full buffet breakfast was included in the room rate. It was good. The indoor pool was very nice too. There is a nice lawn to walk on with chairs to sit outside and look at the river. Not much in the way of eateries around. The hotel does need some upgrading. Carpets are a bit warm, etc. But the staff are nice and friendly and overall it is a nice place.

Room Tip: Request a riverside room in the first building. All rooms enter from the inside.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
GM-QISomerset, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
On behalf of the hotel staff and I, thank you for taking the time to review our property. We sincerely appreciate the compliments in regards to our performance. We were thrilled to here that our convenient location, water view rooms and complimentary breakfast buffet made your stay even more enjoyable. We have begun recarpeting our guest rooms and our guests are noticing the difference.

We hope you have the chance to return in the near future.

Thank you again.

Rochester, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I walked into the hotel to see dirty furniture and carpet.MY first thought was " I hope my room doesn't look like this"needless to say my room looked worst than that!Dirty carpet,dirty filthy tub,mildew ceiling ,web dirt in ceiling corners,piles of dust on sink ,yellow stains on linen and the smell of the room was horrible!We had to buy cleaning supplies to clean the area.I asked for more towels and was told they only had one left!I can't understand how a hotel charges 5 star prices while the sleeping environment is a 1 star! Bug on bed and towel.Also staff appearance need improvements.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
GM-QISomerset, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. On behalf of the entire staff and I, our sincere apologies for your experience. The last thing we want is for a guest to be unsatisfied with their stay. I would like to offer you a refund for your stay. Please contact me directly at the hotel so that I can take care of it for you.

Tel. (508)678-4545 ext. 501
Somerset massachusets
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Chose hotel for the 2 queen beds. Front desk very unfriendly on arrival. Handed us room keys and pointed to room. That's it! Room in need of maintenance. Peeling paint and wallpaper. Heard movements of everyone from walking above to what sounded like furniture or linen carts being rearranged all night

• Stayed April 2014
GM-QISomerset, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
On behalf of the staff and I, please accept my apologies in regards to your experience at the hotel. I have shared your feedback with the front desk team members in addition to our maintenance manager to prevent these types of situations from recurring.
Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you wish to discuss your experience further.

M. Morris, General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerset
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
BEST WESTERN Dartmouth Inn
#2 of 5 in North Dartmouth
3.5 of 5 stars 161 reviews
BEST WESTERN Providence-Seekonk Inn

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!