“Nothing Special” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Somerset
Peabody, Massachusetts, United States
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel was nothing special at all. It looks very used and worn. The staff is very friendly. When we checked in we were given a room on the second floor. We asked if it could be changed to the first floor. We were told all the rooms are booked and they could not meet that request.
There were only a few cars in the parking lot at midnight and when we checked out in the morning no more cars were there - the place was not fully booked as we were told. We were disappointed.
There were cigarette butts all over the stairs and walkways. Not kept up.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

This facility is OK - nothing more, nothing less. The staff is friendly and courteous. Rooms are adequately sized and furnished, but not exceptional in any way. Our room had a small refrigerator and microwave. One nice feature was a small patio that opened on to a nicely maintained recreation area overlooking the river. It was very pleasant to sit there to read or to simply enjoy the scenery.

My guess is that this inn is thirty - or more - years old. The rooms are in need of upgrade and modernization. The electrical system is confusing. It was a guessing game to determine which switch controlled witch light. Finding an outlet for charging a cell phone was a challenge.

The free breakfast, like the hotel in general, was adequate. A little more variety and a more comfortable setting would help.

Would I stay here again? Maybe. We got a good night's rest in a relatively quiet environment and the location was perfect for our needs. But. Maybe other places would better meet our needs. We'll see.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Spent several days with our family visiting relatives. Was leary of the hotel due to some of its reviews. Found it to be a older property with very nice staff and amenities. The room was decent size, with a refrigerator and microwave, flat screen tv with a nice view of the water, Our children liked the large area adjacent to our room were there was a basketball court and soccer ball nets. We liked the nice warm indoor pool. Found the staff to be very friendly and informative. There was a decent restaurant in the same parking lot. Just wanted to say if we were to come back to this area again we would definately stay here again it was a good value for the price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

Upon arrival I was greated by a cheerful and knowlegeable staff. The grounds where clean and well kept, my room was ready even though I arrived a bit early. My accomdations were excelent, the room was clean, well lit and well supplied. At breakfast the staff was firendly and helpful,the food was fresh and enjoyable, much nicer than cold dognuts and coffee. I would defiinitely stay there again. The location is convenient to RT. I 195 (Proviedence, RI to Cape Cod MA.) and RT 24 ( Newport RI. to Boston MA.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a water view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

i found my room to be very clean and neat. It was decorated warmly and inviting. The food was fresh and tasty. The staff was friendly and outgoing. My room was ready on my arrival. I would not hesitate to stay here at any time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Avoid this hotel. I travel for work and have stayed in hundreds of hotels across the country. This one is to be avoided. I am typing this review from my room which smells like an ash tray. After I checked in and smelled the room, I went to the front desk and asked to change to a non-smoking room and was told that it was a non-smoking room. The woman behind the front desk (was she the manager?), said in a very unfriendly tone that there were no other non-smoking rooms available as the hotel was completely sold out. It was 2pm in the afternoon, surely there was still another non-smoking room available? The young man behind the desk at least made an attempt to be friendly and help by offering a chemical spray to cover the smell. Obviously this has been an issue before. I declined the offer on the chemical spray and returned to my smelly room. Thankfully there is a sliding door that opens, so at least I could get some fresh air from outside, and it was warm enough that I could leave the window open all night. In addition to the smell. the carpet is heavily stained. The wall paper is peeling off the walls in the bathroom. The tub is very old and very stained. The office chair has a dried puddle of something white, I don't even want to think what that is. I will be happy to check out and never return to this sad motel. Oh, they have free wi-fi.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Berkeley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We live nearby and had a terrible storm that left us without heat in the winter. When I called the manager got involved and not only offered us a room for us to stay with our small dog but held it aside. When i arrived they immediately knew who I was and had my room key ready. My room was average but had a sliding door to the back of the hotel for my dog. that was very impressive! My son enjoyed the pool and the breakfast was great!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!