“Great Hosts, Great Food, Great Time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kenburn Orchards B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shelburne Falls
Kenburn Orchards B&B
You added Kenburn Orchards B&B to your Saves list
1394 Mohawk Trail, Shelburne Falls, MA 01370   |
Hot Springs, North Carolina
“Great Hosts, Great Food, Great Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

Warm and friendly without being imposing. Great atmosphere. Hosts extremely knowledgeable about area, attractions and restauran tWould return..

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
La Canada Flintridge, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

I stayed at Kenburn Orchards for three nights, while attending a cheesemaking weekend. It's impossible to overstate how welcomed I felt. I arrived late, and Susan immediately got on the phone with Cafe Martin, in town, and convinced them to remain open so I could zip into town and have dinner.
The bed in my room was amazingly comfortable. I barely managed to turn the reading light off each night before sleep overtook me. The place is spotless--not an easy task in a lovely old home. My bathroom was enormous, and very well appointed with a selection of amenities. So sad I didn't get a chance to loll in the clawfoot tub--next time!
Susan and Larry are so accommodating--very helpful with dining and activity suggestions. I really enjoyed chatting with them as I set off each day and returned each evening.
Don't get me started on the breakfasts--beyond amazing. Candlelight, for heaven's sake-I'm utterly spoiled now. Juices, freshly baked bread and other delights, a fruit course a main course (locally grown raspberry oven pancake one morning, a gorgeous savory frittata another). Larry's applesauce changed my applesauce world view! And the bacon...
All in all, a terrific respite from real life. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

I was very impressed with Kenburn Orchards B&B and hope to return one day. The house itself was beautiful. The rooms were beautifully decorated and displayed many examples of local arts/crafts from the area. I was especially taken with all the wonderful extras and details that were included: chocolates, robes, a white noise machine, CDs/music, tea/coffee and a kettle. Truly all our needs were met. I especially loved the claw foot tub and all the options of soaking products that were left for me.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was elegant, bright and clean. Breakfast was delicious and included many local fruits grown right there at the orchard. The bread was homemade and the variety of options was rich. Conversations with the owners was a delight. I would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Moorestown, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

If you like B&Bs, this one is lovely. The hosts couldn't have been more helpful and the breakfast each morning was unbelievable - a three course breakfast! With your coffee or tea the first course included home-made baked goods (muffins, coffeecake), homemade applesauce, with a variety of juices, yogurts, homemade granola, etc. Then came a fruit course (ex. the last of their local nectarines in a light amaretto syrup with fresh mint and whipped cream). Then the main course which included eggs (in a variety of recipes - omelets, clafoutis), bacon, homemade breads which changed daily (popovers, wheat bread). We found we didn't need to eat again until dinner.
We went for some R&R with no particular plan in mind and our hosts were wonderful at suggesting events and places to see. They were friendly and thoughtful and would ask about our adventures each day when we returned. Our room was well appointed (great beds!) and the bath spacious. It was clear from the little touches that our comfort was important to them. All in all - a great place to stay off the beaten path in a beautiful area of western Massachusetts.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

At the east end of the Mohawk Trail, we stayed here for one night. The house is in a wonderful setting and we were certainly made to feel at home. The other guests were also really good people. Larry and Sue were friendly and very helpful with tips on the area and where to eat. We chose the People's Pint in Greenfield. Perfect! Our room was huge and the bathroom was even bigger with a magnificent roll top bath. Wonderful.
The walk before breakfast was exhilarating and a great way to build an appetite for the best ever breakfast. Such a selection!! Home made with their own grown fruits, it was the perfect way to start the day.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

Everything about my stay at Kenburn Orchards was great. Susan and Larry are capable and friendly hosts; the room (including the bathroom) was clean and spacious; the grounds were beautiful; and breakfast was delicious AND plentiful. It was the perfect way to end a road trip -- definitely the best place I stayed at during my 5-day excursion.

I haven't stayed at too many B&B's before, but I have no doubt that this one stands out among the crowd. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

we had a great time, the hosts were very friendly and accommodating, the rooms were very clean and comfortable. then there was breakfast...the best muffins ever, home made spreads, home made bread, ect, ect, ect. we could not eat until dinner.
highly recommended. my friends from over seas were very impressed.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Kenburn Orchards B&B? Share your experiences!